- Insurance is a critical and often overlooked necessity for every business. Even the smallest business needs protection from damage, liability and loss.
- In addition, owners of small businesses should consider protection against potential loss of business income and the impact such losses would have on the business.
- Every business has unique needs and you should get professional advice on your insurance requirements.
- If you already have insurance you should contact your agent or broker and use the questions raised on this site to review your policy and coverage.
- If you do not currently have insurance you should have an insurance broker or agent help you identify your needs and recommend packages that cover specific business risks.
- You need to understand the difference between an insurance agent and an insurance broker.
- Insurance agents represent a specific insurance company. They offer only the products of that company.
- An insurance broker is a person who represents a number of insurers. This enables them to compare the benefits of different policies and premiums from a number of companies to find the best coverage for your particular business.
Hurricane Planning Directory: