If you need Community
Service Hours for school please click here
Thank you so much for your
interest in volunteering at Animal Care & Control. It is a very rewarding
and fulfilling experience to work alongside others who share your passion for
animal welfare. We greatly value our volunteers and thank them for dedicating
their time to care for our shelter animals and assist our staff.
NOTE: The minimum age requirement to volunteer at the shelter is 16. You must be at least 18 years old for all dog handling positions.
***A Drivers License or State Identification card is
Please read through our current Volunteer Positions.
You must be 16 years or older for the Volunteer Positions below:
- Feline Friends: Interact and socialize with cats/kittens who are waiting for homes in our PetPals adoption program. Activities include playing, petting, quiet reading, and more.
- Feline Observer: Observe and Report on cat behavior and personality. Information gathered will be used for their profile on our SNAP adoption page and Kennel Cards.
- Feline Pawpurrazzi: Take pictures and videos of our adoptable cats for our website and social media.
- Feline Foster Parent: Provide temporary housing, love and care for a cat/kitten until they are ready for adoption. *Requires completing the Foster application. The head of household (21+) must be the one to complete and submit the foster application.*
- Enrichment Workshop: Attending scheduled Workshops to make and create Enrichment items (toys, puzzles, treats, etc.) for all animals currently at the shelter.
- Lost & Found Liaison: Help reunite pets with their families and assist visitors with lost & found reports. Must be proficient with phones and computers to maintain the shelter's lost and found database.
- Welcome Greeter: Show genuine hospitality by offering a warm welcome to visitors. Kindly answer questions and guide them to where they want to go.
You must be 18 years or older and able to handle strong, energetic dogs for the Dog Volunteer Positions below:
- Dog Walker: Leash walk dogs who are waiting for homes in our PetPals adoption program.
- Dog Playgroup: Assist behavior staff with multi-dog playgroups in our fenced play areas.
- Dog Playgroup Observer: Observe and report on dog behavior and personality displayed in Playgroup. Information gathered will be used for their profile on our SNAP adoption page and Kennel Cards.
- Dog Pawpurrazzi: Take pictures and videos of our adoptable dogs for our website and social media.
- Dog Paw Spa: Bathe dogs to improve their comfort and adoptability.
- Special Events Expert: Assist in various positions at on-site and off-site events (roles depend on the event). Set up and tear down/cleanup is always needed and appreciated.
Becoming a volunteer here consists of just a few simple steps.
Submit the volunteer application. Apply Now
- Attend orientation. Register here
- Click Volunteer Coordinator
- Choose a date and time
Go to your background check appointment.
** A Drivers License or State Identification card is required. Further details given at orientationAttend your hands-on training if applicable. ** All Animal handling positions require training