Presentations about animal welfare issues and animal laws in Palm Beach County are available to the schools.
- Children must be five years and older
- Private and public schools in Palm Beach County only
- Limited to 150 students, up to three (3) presentations at school location
- Field Trips at Animal Care and Control (maximum of 40 students, five years old and up)
- Program presentation, video tape and material determined by age group
- Pre-school educational programs available at the school location only
- Shelter tours and programs available Tuesday through Friday (five years of age and up)
- Speaker Bureaus available to special organizations/groups
- Speaker for Homeowner's Association Board Meetings
- No Fee
The school presentation highlights pet responsibility, animal laws, the disease of rabies and pet sterilization. It focuses on the social and science issues involving pet overpopulation, animal diseases and parasites, and careers working with animals. The program includes a classroom discussion, a video, questions and answers, and tips about pet safety.
Reservations are limited and can be scheduled throughout the year. Contact the Humane Education Projects Coordinator at 561-233-1222 or 561-276-1344, ext. 41222 for more information about scheduling or use the e-mail address available at the main menu.