Return to Daggerwing
Daggerwing Nature Center first opened in the fall of 1996, and then re-opened in the spring of 2008 after a massive expansion and renovation project that included a 3,000-square-foot exhibit hall. The new exhibits take visitors on a journey that begins under the ground, continues under water, and rises above the surface all the way up to the canopy of a swamp. Interactive exhibits, live animals, sloped flooring, and oversized features create a storybook-like experience for visitors, all while learning about this unique swamp habitat.
- Below the Surface (with live aquatic turtles)
- Insect Zone (with a “bee car”)
- Seasonal Wet Environment (with live alligator, frog, and snapping turtle)
- From the Ground Up (with live box turtle)
- Tree Tunnel (with a live screech owl)
- Plant Parts/Leaf Rubbing Station (make a leaf rubbing to take home)
- Conservation Corner (learn how you can do your part)
Take a look at the photos below of our new state-of-the-art exhibit hall!