Any company moving household goods within Palm Beach is required to use either a Palm Beach County Disclosure Form or a Tri County Disclosure Form (both shown below) The Tri County Disclosure Form was developed jointly by Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade County consumer protection agencies.
The purposes of the disclosures are to clearly make known to customers:
- That Consumer Affairs can be contacted should there be a problem with the move.
- That a contract is required which must fully reveal the bottom-line cost of the move.
- The types of payments which must be accepted by the moving company.
- The circumstances when an inventory of goods must be performed by the moving company.
- What type of coverage is provided, should goods be damaged or lost during the move.
- The process to make a claim should goods be damaged or lost during transit