Due to concerns about COVID-19 and to protect residents and employees alike, the Consumer Affairs lobby will be closed to walk-in customers until further notice.  The Consumer Affairs office remains open to process applications received by mail, fax, or e-mail.

Consumer Affairs is processing the following application types:

Vehicle for Hire Business Applications and Renewals

 Vehicle for Hire Driver ID Badge Renewals

 Towing Business Applications and Renewals

Tow Driver ID Badge New & Renewals

 Moving Business Applications and Renewals

Home Caregivers – Agency Affiliated Applicants ID Badges

Replacement ID Badges for Adult Entertainers, Home Caregivers, Tow Truck Drivers, VFH Drivers 


Payments can be made by check, money order, Visa/MasterCard or Discover Card. Include the Credit Card Payment Authorization Form with your application.

  • Make checks/money orders payable to the  Board of County Commissioners 
  • If paying by check or money order, return application by U.S. mail. 
  • If paying by credit card, return application by mail, fax, or e-mail. 
  • If you are unsure how to calculate the fees, call 561-712-6600 for assistance.


Palm Beach County Consumer Affairs
50 South Military Trail, Suite 201
WPB, FL  33415

561-712-6600 (Main)

consumer@pbcgov.org (E-mail)

561-712-6610 (Fax) 

Once processed, your permit and/or ID Badge will be mailed to you using the mailing address listed on your application. 


The following applications are not able to be processed at this time:

  • New Adult Entertainer ID Badges
  • Home Caregiver – Private/Independent ID Badges
  • New Vehicle for Hire Driver ID Badges