Return to Things to Do
The use of balloons is now prohibited at Loggerhead Park. Loggerhead Marinelife Center and Palm Beach County have committed to the prohibition of balloons at the park in an effort to promote the safety and protection of sea turtles. Visit Loggerhead Marinelife Center to learn more about the dangers balloons pose to marine wildlife.
If you have any questions or experience problems while reserving a pavilion, please contact our Customer Service Office at
561-966-6611 during regular business hours. Thank you.
- Daily reservation bookings for pavilions are intended for private parties or gatherings which are neither advertised nor open to the general public. Events which are commercial in nature or are open to the general public must contact the Special Events Section for permitting requirements.
- Before making a reservation, please read and understand the
rules and regulations listed below.
- Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance
- It is recommended that you visit the park to make sure the pavilion and surrounding amenities will meet your needs
Click the Online Reservations link below to make a reservation now.
- Glades facilities and pavilions, 561-992-9067
Governor Lawton Chiles Memorial Park, Delray Beach, 561-495-9813
Jupiter Farms Park, Jupiter,
Westgate Park & Recreation Center, West Palm Beach,
West Boynton Park & Recreation Center, Lake Worth,
- All other rental pavilions,
Volleyball nets, volleyballs, and tug-of-war ropes:
- Equipment is available on a
first-come, first-served basis
- A $50.00 credit card or check deposit is required at time of pick up.
- Equipment must be picked up prior to your event date.
- Equipment must be returned by the following Tuesday after your event for a full return of deposit.
- Equipment can be picked up and dropped off at:
John Prince Park, 2700 6th Avenue South, Lake Worth, Florida 33461
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
Locate a rental pavilion:
List of parks with rental pavilions
Pavilion Rental Brochure
List of non reservable picnic areas
Rules and Regulations
The rules noted below are intended to safeguard county parks for the enjoyment of all.
- Domesticated animals are allowed on park property except at beaches, pools,
Riverbend Park, and other designated areas. Said animals must be restrained at all times at a distance not greater than six feet in length from their handler.
- No swimming or wading within a County park except at swimming pools and designated beaches.
- Pavilions and surrounding event site areas are to be returned to the Department in an “as was” condition.
- Use of tents and/or canopies must be pre-approved by designated Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department staff.
- No mechanical rides, water slides, or any form of activity that involves the use of continuous running water.
- No objects are to be inserted into the ground with the exception of 2’ x 2’ directional signs mounted on surveyor stakes (no exception at
Riverbend Park). Nothing is to be attached to trees or other vegetation or to park property (ie, nails, tape, staples, glue, etc.).
- Refuse is to be deposited in trash receptacles. All directional signs and excessive refuse must be removed at the conclusion of your event. Trash bags and/or containers of trash are not to be left behind on the ground or tabletops.
Riverbend Park is a trash free park. Please do not leave any bags or containers of trash anywhere in the park.
- Barbeque grills have been provided; additional grills are not permitted.
Please extinguish all fires in cooking areas before exiting the park. Do not remove or dispose of hot coals from the barbeque grills.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted in designated picnic areas only. Kegs are allowed
only if you have been issued a permit for a pavilion.
Beginning March 1, 2014, alcohol possession or consumption is not permitted in DuBois Park.
- No firecrackers, torpedoes, rockets, or other fireworks or explosives of flammable material on park property.
The use of balloons is prohibited at Loggerhead Park.
Amplified Sound (i.e., bands, DJs, PA systems, large speakers, car stereos, etc.) must be approved for use; permit holders must obtain written permission from the Department for use of amplified sound where permitted. Please contact the Customer Service Office to inquire about having amplified sound added to your permit. When approved, amplified sound shall not travel beyond
hundredfifty (150) feet of the pavilion.
- Please note that amplified sound is
not permitted at the following parks or at specific pavilions within a park when indicated:
|Boca South Inlet Park
Burt Reynolds Park
County Pines Recreational Complex
Glades Pioneer Park
John Prince Park
(* Island Pavilion)
Lake Ida Park East
Lake Lytal Park
Loggers’ Run Park
Loxahatchee Groves Park
Ocean Cay Park
Ocean Reef Park
South County Regional Park
(*Pond Apple and Cypress Pavilions)
West Boynton Park
- A small, personal music device (i.e., a radio or DVD player or small Bluetooth speaker) is acceptable for use at any pavilion. Sound shall not travel beyond
fifty (50) feet of the pavilion.
- All park facility rules and regulations apply. Please refer to
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Ordinance for details.
Any and all vendors and vendor activities must be identified on the permit that is issued for authorized use of a pavilion.
You MUST have your permit on hand at the time of your event. Please be prepared to present it upon request by Palm Beach County officials.
Under Florida law, data provided for permitting is public record. It will be released in response to a public records request.
- Pavilion $55 +tax
- John Prince Park Center Drive Pavilion $70 +tax
- Amusement Fee: $25 per vendor
- Dunk Tank Fee: $15.00 (where permissible)
Weekend or Holiday Rental
- Pavilion $155 +tax
- John Prince Park Center Drive Pavilion $205 +tax
- Amusement Fee: $25 per vendor
- Dunk Tank Fee: $15.00 (where permissible)
A security deposit may be required dependant on activities requested. Refunds for cancellations and fee/deposit return requests will be honored up to 30 days prior to the picnic. Please note that a check will be mailed for approved refunds being issued for payments made by check or cash. Refund checks may take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. All prices are subject to change.
Caterers and Vendors
Picnics or special events interested in employing vendors to provide various activities or services that may include catering, entertainment (clowns, bands, DJ’s, petting zoos), bounce houses, etc, may select from the Departments Customer Service Sections approved list of vendors. If you have a preferred vendor who is not currently listed they may contact Customer Service to inquire as to the requirements for becoming listed.
Please note the following amusement apparatus, equipment, rides and attractions are currently permitted within Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department facilities in conjunction with a permits for a Pavilion Rental.
Bounce Houses/Inflatable’s up to 30 feet in height
Portable video gaming platforms
Entertainers (clowns, magicians, DJ’s, etc)
Carnival Games (non-mechanized)
No other types of apparatus or equipment are permitted except when expressed permission has been received by the Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department Director or designee.
NO WATER APPARATUS OF ANY KIND PERMITTED
(water slides, slip n slides, pools, etc)
NO MECHANICAL RIDES OF ANY KIND PERMITTED (trains, ferris wheels, bucking bulls,
Click here for a current copy of the Customer Service Vendor List.
(Please note that the online list is updated on the first and third Tuesday of each month)
A copy of the Vendors List is also available by contacting the Customer Service office at
561-966-6611 or by emailing Customer Service at
When selecting from the list please note the vendor’s expiration date for their certificate of insurance.
Vendors interested in being added to the Customer Service Vendor list can see vendor registration below for further details.
Beginning October 1, 2015, all vendors offering services to customers with permitted pavilion rentals must complete an application to register with the Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department. A completed application will need to be submitted along with required documents and application fees for approval. Upon approval, the vendor will obtain a permit authorizing them to provide services on behalf of a customer whom has obtained a permit for use of a permitted pavilion.
- This application is for the purpose of obtaining a permit which allows your business to operate in conjunction with a permitted party/event at a pavilion. Additionally, your business will be added to a list of approved vendors that may be contacted by permit holders with the Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation Department; to provide services or sales of product for and during the permit holders permitted hours of use
- Allow five (5) business days for processing from date of receipt.
- Applications are valid from October 1st to September 30th.
- An application fee of $50.00 is due upon submittal and/or renewal.
- All vendor requirements are due at time of submittal and/or renewal.
- Current Copy of Commercial Insurance Liability Certificate
- Vendor is responsible for ensuring they have met all federal, state and local requirements for operation of their business in the state of Florida and Palm Beach County. Vendors operating on County property are subject to review of pertinent licensing, certifications and inspection reports.
- Expired requirements will result in suspension of the vendor permit and removal from the Approved Vendor list.
- Additional fees and requirements may be applicable for activities permitted through Aquatics, Athletics, Special Events and Special Facilities.
Vendor Registration Application
Submit completed application to:
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation
c/o Customer Service
2700 6th Avenue South
Lake Worth, FL 33461
To submit by email or fax:
If your event includes fund-raising, is open to the public, has an admission fee, or involves selling (food, services or wares), your event will be classified as a Special Event. Special Events staff will evaluate your plans to determine if additional requirements apply.
The Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Department offers a myriad of Oceanside, lakeside, and interior park locations for special events from Boca Raton to Tequesta. If you're planning a large social or fund-raising event, please contact our Special Events staff for permitting assistance.
Interested in holding your wedding ceremony on a beach or in a park,
click here for complete information.
For the special events page, please