Back to ULDC Directory
- Update use definitions with Industry trends, North America Industry Classification System (NAICS), other zoning trends, and American Planning Association (APA
- Add new Uses as needed
- Retire outdated Uses
- Consolidate like Uses where feasible
Consolidate Use Matrix Tables:
- Improve ease of use
- Indicate the most restrictive approval process in matrices
- Streamline approval process where feasible
- Consistent approval process for Uses located in similar Zoning Districts as relates to FLU designations
Supplementary Use Standards:
- Consistent organization of similar standards
- Consider increasing acreage and square footage thresholds that trigger Development Review Officer (DRO) or Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approval or possibly abandoning altogether.
- Review History of Existing Regulations.
- Consistency with Federal and State Laws, and the Comprehensive Plan.
- Develop how to use instructions to improve ease of use.
- Link approval processes to Art. 2, Development Review Procedures.
- Clarification of Accessory Uses and Collocated Uses.
- Define use classification groups. (Commercial, Residential, etc.)