|Current Facility/Activity Status as of September 17, 2020|||
|Playgrounds, Fitness Zones, Splashparks||All playgrounds, Fitness Zones and aquatic splashparks are open while practicing social distancing.|
Our Parks Operations Division is using the cleaner/disinfectant “Krud Kutter” to clean and sanitize playground equipment twice a day. This product is not considered hazardous by the EPA and is approved by the CDC as a COVID-19 disinfectant (view SDS and product overview). Krud Kutter is available to consumers at several retail outlets and our department uses it routinely for cleaning and sanitizing purposes. Currently, staff is cleaning playground equipment each morning prior to public use and will conduct a second cleaning mid-day or early afternoon.
As we do with most outdoor facilities that are cleaned, we will close or cordon off the playground area during the cleaning process. If children are present, we will politely ask that they briefly step away for a quick cleaning. Once dry (approximately 10 minutes), children will be permitted access. Although, we cannot list exact arrival times during the afternoon cleaning because we have so many playgrounds to visit, the 12:00 noon – 3:00 pm period (our estimated second cleaning time range), is the time period our playgrounds are used the least.
Because playgrounds are used throughout the day, it should not be assumed the equipment is sanitized prior to your use and you should take all recommended health precautions as you would when touching any shared public surface.
|Beaches|Palm Beach County beaches, including beach parks, are open with the following conditions and restrictions:
• Parties accessing the beaches shall follow CDC guidelines by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 persons and distancing themselves from other parties by six feet.
Boat ramps open for public use.
Capacities are based on size of the boat:
- 25-foot or less: 4 adult passengers maximum, plus children 17 and under. Maximum of 6 people on the boat.
- 26- to 36-foot: 6 adult passengers maximum, plus children 17 and under. Maximum of 8 people on the boat.
- 37- to 60-foot: 8 adult passengers maximum, plus children 17 and under. Maximum of 10 people on the boat.
- 60-foot and larger: 10 passengers maximum, not including crew members.
- Beaching, landings, anchoring or mooring of vessels on sandbars, islands and open shorelines is prohibited.
- Single riders only on rented personal watercraft.
- Recreational charter boats, drift fishing and dive boats, marinas, boat docks, boat ramps and other launching venues will be allowed to operate in adherence with CDC and specific county guidelines.
- Overnight parking is not allowed at Phil Foster Park and Burt Reynolds Park until further notice. (all park hours are sunrise-sunset; see Palm Beach County Emergency Order 11)
- Fish cleaning/bait stations limited to one person at a time.
- Individuals fishing must remain 6 feet apart.
- Inlet fishing at Ocean Inlet Park and Jupiter Beach Park is only from sunrise-sunset until further notice.
|Campgrounds||John Prince Campground and South Bay RV Campground will re-open on October 1, 2020. Both campgrounds are now accepting reservations for the coming season. Contact campground for more details.|
Peanut Island Campground remains closed until further notice. (Peanut Island remains closed until further notice. See Palm Beach County Emergency Order 11)
|Concessions/Restaurants||Concession and restaurant availability varies; contact the concessions and restaurants directly for details.|
|Courts||Basketball and volleyball open for play, group must be no more than 10 people. Tennis, pickleball and racquetball open for doubles play. Bocce and Petanque open for play, group must be no more than 10 people. Competitive games are prohibited. Social distancing for those who wait.|
|Dog Parks||Dog parks are open while practicing social distancing; groups of no more than 10 people.|
|Golf Courses||Golf courses are open for play with social distancing and player safety practices. Single rider carts are available, double rider golf carts must be from the same household or both golfers must wear masks. Driving ranges are open and restaurants are open with limited capacity.|
|Juno Beach Pier||Open while practicing social distancing; click here for more details.|
|Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens||Open while practicing social distancing; click here for more details.|
|Nature Centers||All indoor spaces/nature centers remain closed until further notice; all group programs and rentals cancelled until further notice.|
Okeeheelee Nature Center- nature trails are open while practicing social distancing.
Daggerwing Nature Center- boardwalk remains closed until further notice.
Green Cay Nature Center and Wetlands- boardwalk is open while practicing social distancing; public restrooms are accessible from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please comply with all posted signage. (For information about the reopening of Wakodahatchee Wetlands, managed by PBC Water Utilities, please click here)
|Picnic Pavilions||All group pavilions closed until further notice and rentals are suspended until further notice; single picnic areas and picnic shelters are open.|
|Pools/Waterparks||Lap swimming available at Aqua Crest, North County & Lake Lytal. Contact pool for more details. Seasonal pools and waterparks remain closed until further notice; large events such as swim meets cancelled until further notice.|
|Recreation Centers/Community Centers||All indoor spaces and gyms closed until further notice; special events, group programs and rentals cancelled until further notice.|
|South County Civic Center/Governor Lawton Chiles Park||All rentals cancelled until further notice; park closed until further notice.|
|Special Events/Amphitheaters||Large group special events cancelled or postponed until further notice; includes: 5K Runs/Walks, Concerts, Festivals, Food Truck Events, etc.|
|Sports Fields/Open Green Space|
Organized play or sports team use of fields available in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-131. No more than 50 persons per field including spectators. All players and spectators must maintain 6 feet physical distancing. Hand slaps, huddles, shared water bottles and food sharing are not permitted. Contact Sports and Wellness staff at 561-966-7033 for more information.Open green space available for play; groups of no more than 10 people.
|Therapeutic Recreation||All Special Olympics, Arts4All, and community programming cancelled until further notice.|