Rules and Regulations
Return to South Bay RV Campground
As a condition of booking a campsite at South Bay RV Campground, you agree to abide by the Rules, Regulations, Policies and Procedures of the campground as follows:
1. GENERAL INFORMATION Camping is limited to 155 days in any 12-month period. You must be 18 or older to register for a site. A valid driver’s license or picture ID and current state-issued camper registration are required for registration. Guests are responsible for all activity on the assigned site. We cannot guarantee specific campsites.
2. RESERVATION INFORMATION Reservations may be made up to 90 days prior to the arrival date, and must be paid in full up to the first month’s stay. Payment may be made by cash, traveler’s check, money order, cashier’s check, Mastercard, Visa or Discover Card. NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED. Cancellation of reservation with less than 24 hours notice or no-shows will be charged a cancellation fee equal to one night’s stay.
3. OFFICE HOURS are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The campground entrance has automatic gates. The entry code is provided at check-in.
4. CHECK IN starts at 1:00 p.m. Arrangements will be made for after-hours arrivals with reservations. Guests should set up before 10:00 p.m. and limit outside noise and light during quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
5. CHECK OUT is by 11:00 a.m. If the campsite is not vacated by this time, an additional night’s stay will be charged to the guest’s account.
6. CAMPSITE RENEWALS are due by 11:00 a.m. on the scheduled check-out date. Renewals are subject to site availability.
7. SITE CAPACITY / MAINTENANCE One (1) sleeping unit is allowed per site. You are permitted a maximum of six (6) people on the site. There is an additional charge for the extra person over the first five (5) people. One (1) vehicle is permitted per site in addition to the sleeping unit. Additional vehicles, utility trailers, boats, etc. must be parked in the overflow parking area and will be charged a daily parking fee. Campsites must be kept neat and free of debris at all times.
8. QUIET HOURS are 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Children under 18 must be on their site by 9:00 p.m.
9. VISITORS are welcome but must register at the office. A 10:00 p.m. curfew is observed and visitors must leave by this time.
10. RVs Trailers and RVs should remain on asphalt or shell rock areas. RVs must be roadworthy, in good repair and have a current registration and valid license plate. RVs must have an RVIA seal of approval. State Health regulations require users of self-contained units to discharge wastewater (including grey water) into sealed holding tanks and the dump station. Open wastewater containers or the discharging of wastewater containers or wastewater on the ground or in restrooms is prohibited.
11. BUNKHOUSES are not permitted.
12. TENTS are welcome in designated areas. Tents must be commercially manufactured from flame retardant material and no larger than 12’x16’. Tent camping is limited to 3 days in a 60-day period. Tents should be placed off shelled or asphalt areas. Use plastic stakes. No metal stakes will be allowed. Please call the campground office at 561-992-9045 to make tent camping reservations.
13. EMERGENCY SERVICES Dial 911 for medical and police emergencies. Please notify the office of all emergencies, disturbances, or facility malfunctions. The Campground Manager or designee will be available for after hours emergencies or facility malfunctions.
14. PETS The campground is not responsible for pets left in campers. Pets must be kept on a leash of 6 feet or less and attended at all times. No more than three pets per site. Pets may not be tied or housed unattended outside your RV. Guests must clean up after their pets. Pets may not disturb other campers. Pets are not allowed in office, restrooms, showers, laundry room or recreation hall / pavilion, except for service animals. Exotic pets are prohibited.
15. WILDLIFE AND PLANT LIFE Guests are not to remove, damage or deface trees, shrubs or other County property. All wildlife is protected by county ordinance. PLEASE DO NOT FEED WILDLIFE, INCLUDING BIRDS, as this causes them to become dependent on humans for their food.
16. ALLIGATORS AND SNAKES These animals are year round residents of the park. They can be dangerous. Please respect these creatures and leave them alone. Use appropriate caution and DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS.
17. MAIL may be picked up at the office Monday through Saturday after 2:00 p.m.
18. LAUNDRY FACILITIES are located in comfort stations. Please do not wash pet bedding, excessively soiled items or oversized loads in the campground machines. Be sure to clean the dryer lint filter after each load.
19. TRASH Dumpsters and recycling bins have been provided for your convenience. You are responsible for placing bagged trash in dumpsters and recyclables in appropriate recycling bins. Do not leave trash in laundry or bathroom areas. Please wrap fish remains tightly in newspaper and seal in plastic before placing in dumpster.
20. INSURANCE/THEFT We are not responsible in case of theft of RV or contents thereof; nor for any damage caused by natural causes (i.e. tree falling); nor for spoilage of refrigerator/freezer foods due to loss of electricity. All activities in the campground are done at the individual’s free will and South Bay RV Campground will not be responsible for injury to guests or for loss of money/valuables of any kind. Please be sure to secure all valuables, and lock your doors and windows.
21. ALTERATIONS TO SITE Campground patrons may not make changes to the site without approval of management.
22. CAMPSITE AGREEMENT & SUBLETTING Your seasonal agreement is between the individuals noted on the agreement and South Bay RV Campground. This agreement DOES NOT entitle any other individuals to the use of your camping unit or site. If you are not using your site, no one else is permitted to use your site or camping unit. Reservations must be made in the name of the individual staying in the camping unit on the campsite.
23. SALE OF CAMPING UNIT Your seasonal agreement is not transferable to another individual if you sell your RV. All seasonal costs are non-refundable should you sell your trailer or decide to leave for any other reason.
24. THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT PERMITTED:
A. Refunds after check-in
B. Change in Rate Type after check-in (daily to weekly, weekly to monthly)
C. Smoking in any buildings
D. More than 3 pets per site; pets unattended or off leash
E. Pets in restrooms, laundry area, recreation hall, screened pavilion or camp office
F. Washing dishes or bathing pets in restrooms / showers
G. Household garbage in restroom, laundry area, recreation hall or screened pavilion trash cans
H. Food or drink in recreation hall, except for approved organized campground activities
I. Parking on unoccupied campsites
J. Sleeping in cars, non-approved camping units or non-approved areas
K. Camping in non-approved areas
L. More than one sleeping unit per site
M. More than one pop-up tent (or similar) per site
N. Unauthorized guests
O. Unlicensed vehicles (mini bikes, mopeds, golf carts, etc.) except handicap-assist scooters
Q. Mechanical repairs or oil changes to vehicles and equipment
R. Alterations to site without management approval
S. Sale of camping unit – seasonal agreement is not transferable
T. Sites in poor maintenance conditions
U. Major household appliances or furniture outside unit
V. Toys and tools left out when not in use
W. Storage under camping unit
X. Swimming in lake or canal (alligators and cottonmouths are present)
Y. Wading pools
Z. Ground fires except in SBRV-installed fire rings
AA. Use of gasoline generators
BB. Lines or ropes on trees, including laundry lines and hammocks
CC. Rugs of any kind on grass
EE. Cutting through other campers’ sites on foot, bicycle, etc.
FF. Loud music or disruptive behavior
GG. “For Sale” signs
II. Firearms, BB guns, bows and arrows or other weaponry, with the exception of activities permitted under Florida statute.
JJ. Feeding of alligators, birds or other wildlife
25. GROUNDS FOR EXPULSION
Guests who engage in any of the following may be subject to expulsion from the campground and face a possible ban from all Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation Campgrounds for a period of up to 1 year.
A. Late Payment Failure to pay rental fees prior to 11:00 a.m.
B. Violence Guests who engage in any act of violence will be asked to vacate the premises immediately.
C. Drunken and Disorderly Conduct Any occurrence of drunken or disorderly conduct will be cause for immediate expulsion.
D. Disturbing the Peace
E. Pet Violations Pets are to be kept attended and under your direct control at all times. No more than 3 pets are allowed on a campsite. Guests must clean up after their pets. Pets are to be kept on a leash of 6 feet or less at all times. Pets must not disturb other guests with barking or aggressive behavior.
F. Waste Water Guests who release grey or black water onto the ground will receive a verbal and / or written notice requesting them to cease this activity. This grey or black water could originate from intentional release or dripping / leaking from valves on the RV.
G. Failure to Comply with Rules and Regulations in accordance with Palm Beach County Code, Chapter 21.
H. Entry Gate Code Do not give the entry gate code to visitors.
26. EVICTION PER PALM BEACH COUNTY CODE 21
Management reserves the right to evict anyone for behavior detrimental to the campground and its visitors, or failing to observe the procedures as per Palm Beach County Code, Chapter 21. A copy is available for review in the office. In accordance with the provisions of the ADA, this document may be requested in an alternate format. Contact South Bay RV Campground at 561-992-9045.
Upgrades & deals included in pricing:
• Rates include water, electric, sewer connection and WiFi
• Weekly rate is the same as paying for 6 nights.
• Monthly rate is the same as paying for 25 nights.
• Parks parking (extra vehicle, trailer, etc) Monthly rate is the same as paying for 25 nights. Weekly rate is the same as paying for 6 nights
• Extra person (5 included, 6th extra) Monthly rate is the same as paying for 25 nights. Weekly rate is the same as paying for 6 nights.
• Firewood is available at the camp office - $6.96 per bundle
• Ice is available at the camp office - $2.14 per 10 lb. bag