All volunteer orientations are suspended and no new volunteers acceptance for a minimum of 2 weeks
Looking to join our volunteer team? Call or email our Volunteer Coordinator, Tammy Roberts at (561) 233-1281 or PSD-ACC-Volunteer@pbcgov.org to get started! Initial interview with the Volunteer Coordinator is a pre-requisite for any volunteer position at the shelter.
You can also download the
application from here
Volunteer Positions Available:
- Lost and Found (assisting pet owners with lost and found pets)
- Community Projects & Special Events (volunteer to work displays and events)
- Pawpurrazzi Volunteer (photographer)
- Customer Service Greeters (welcome the public and assist with adoptions)
- Cat Socializing (exercising and socializing cats in the adoption program)
- Foster Care
- Pet Exercise & Play Group Program (bathing, walking, and socializing the dogs)
- Spay Shuttle Client Registration (registration table each morning)
- Educational Programs and Tours (presenting educational programs at the elementary, middle, and high schools)
- Kennel Care Assistant (caring and feeding the animals)
Student Volunteer Program for Community Service Hours: We currently offer on-site (at the shelter) volunteer opportunities for students ages 16 and up. For those under age 16, at-home opportunities are available, including easy crafting projects and organizing donation drives to collect needed items (such as newspapers, towels, etc.).
With parental consent, students may also sign up to become foster caregivers, earning up to 4 hours of community service credit per day for temporarily caring for an animal in your home. For more information on any of these opportunities, please email us at
Click For More Information
Adult Court Appointed Community Service
Adults, age 18 and older, with 25 or more court appointed community service hours must be approved by shelter officials. Upon completion of
application, please call Tammy Roberts, Volunteer Coordinator, at
561-233-1281 for an interview appointment.
Animal Care and Control operates seven days a week. The pet adoption program and business hours at the shelter are Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers working with customers should schedule their volunteer hours during business hours. Other positions working in the kennel with dogs and clinic areas have a more flexible work schedule throughout the day. Some volunteer positions require work-experience in handling animals.