Return to Daggerwing
Program Info and Request Form
Chaperone Info and Group Expectations
Daggerwing Nature Center offers educational programs for school groups and other specialty groups. Naturalists use live animals, models, interesting facts, and other fun materials to teach programs about Florida’s native plants and animals and conservation! For school and specialty group programs, we can accommodate up to 60 participants per day. We can offer multiple program days for those groups that exceed the daily maximum capacity.
All programs are by advanced reservation only. To book a program, complete our Program Reservation Request Form, (at the top of the page) and send it to the Nature Center. After receiving your completed request, we schedule and confirm your program in writing with a confirmation/invoice letter. If you do not receive a contact from us within three days, please call the nature center to confirm receipt of your request. Payment is due the date of the program by cash or check only.
The following are the program topics we offer:
SCHOOL PROGRAMS (90 minutes) - $1 per student
We incorporate grade-specific (K-5) curriculum objectives into all school programs. Programs are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays at 10:00am. Prices are valid during the school year only.
- School Programs (available only during the school year)
- Florida Animal Experience
- Life Cycles: Amphibians
- The World of Butterflies and Insects
- Animal Adaptations
- Poetry in Nature
- Wetland Habitats: Piece by Piece
SPECIALTY GROUP PROGRAMS (60 minutes) - $5 per person
Specialty groups include: camp groups, youth groups, social clubs, etc. To rent the classroom in combination with a program for a special event, please see the
Facility Rental forms.
- Specialty Group Programs (available year round)
- Florida Animal Experience
- Crafty Critters
- Nature Scavengers
SCOUT PROGRAMS (60 minutes) - $5 per person
Daggerwing offers a variety of programs designed to assist both Boy and Girl Scouts with earning nature-related badges. Some of the pre-designed Scout programs include learning about plants, animals and more.
- Scout Programs (available year round)
- Wolf Adventures: Grow Something
- Bear Adventures: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns & A Bear Goes Fishing
- Webelos Adventures: Into the Wild & Into the Woods
OUTDOOR ADVENTURE PROGRAMS (90 minutes) - $10 per person
Groups can book one of our Outdoor Adventure Skills programs! Certified instructors train participants in skills like archery, fishing, canoeing, and orienteering and then assist while participants practice their new skills. These programs have different participant limitations, so please contact the Nature Center to find out specifics.
PROGRAM PLUS - $6 per participant
Would you like your school or specialty group to eat their lunches in our air conditioned facility in addition to your program? Choose this option for a program PLUS 60 minute use of the classroom(s) for lunch. (Lunch not provided)
- There is a $30 program fee minimum requirement for school programs and a $50 program fee minimum requirement for all other programs.
- Program lengths are approximate, as we tailor the program to the age and ability of the participants.
- Programs include one free chaperone (staff/parent) for every 10 paying children. Additional adults must pay the program fee.
- We cannot offer outreaches at this time.