The Palm Beach County (PBC) Zoning Division
invites you to volunteer and make a difference
in your life and the lives of others!
Do you have a few free hours a week? Do you need to earn Community Service hours towards you High School obligations? Do you want to give back to your community? Do you enjoy helping others? If so, you may want to become a Zoning volunteer. Both adult and youth volunteer opportunities are available year-round.
The PBC Zoning Division is seeking highly motivated volunteers to help in various areas of our Division. The Zoning Division has several key functions in the County: Reviewing and making recommendations on applications for development proposals, review and draft amendments to the Unified Land Development Code (Development regulations for development), provide daily customer services to the public requesting: zoning information, files and appointments.
Our Volunteer program has openings in the following areas:
- File Room and Receptionist – Answering phones, responding to customer requests for files, filing documents, make copies, assist File Room Supervisor with other general duties.
- High School or College Intern - Assisting customers in the Zoning Research Room look up information on the Kiosk, assist a supervisor with assignments associated with Zoning Review: such as research, filing, creating folders and processing simple tasks associated with an application.
This is a non-paying position with Palm Beach County. This program provides an excellent opportunity to obtain necessary school credits for young adults and a gratifying experience for adults.
- Able to commit to minimum of 4 hours per week.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Punctuality and ability to commit to scheduled hours.
- 16 years of age and older.
Please complete a volunteer application
and mail to:
Planning, Zoning and Building Department
Attention: Dorine Kelley, Public Relations Manager
2300 North Jog Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33411
or email to email@example.com.