Return to Special Events
It is mandatory for events in Palm Beach County parks to possess a license if selling alcoholic beverages of any kind. Failure to produce a valid liquor license at your event to law enforcement will place the event in jeopardy of being canceled. VIew our Liquor License Requirements
ALCOHOL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
If no admission or similar fee is charged at any type of event and alcoholic beverages are served at no charge, the Certificate of Insurance must state that Host Liquor Liability Coverage has been secured with a minimum limit of liability of $1 million each occurrence.
It is prohibited at some of the event areas. Please contact the Special Events section for further information.
Park Ordinance 2004-022 prohibits fires except where fireplaces or grills are provided.
FOOD VENDOR REQUIREMENTS:
Vendors must read and comply with the rules of the Palm Beach County Health Department, pass inspection and comply with the following:
- Placing hot coals in trash containers is prohibited.
- Extinguish all fires and cooking areas before exiting the park.
- No cooking allowed under tented areas or canopies.
- No glass containers allowed for dispensing beverages
- No dumping of fuel allowed on street or sewerage area
- Provide an operational 5 lb. Class A or B rated fire extinguisher in each cooking area to be checked by the Fire Inspectors. No exceptions. Failure to comply will result in the vendor being shut down until a working extinguisher is provided.
- Trash must be deposited in plastic containers and secured properly.
- Secure and prevent cooking gas, helium and other combustible materials from falling and spilling. Unsecured tanks may not remain in the park.
- Helium and propane tanks must have all caps in place.
- Vendors may not sell alcoholic beverages without a liquor license and be listed on the event permit as an approved vendor.
When planning a special event, it is essential to consider the impact your event will have on parking in the area. Consider choosing a location which provides ample parking for attendees.
PARKING and UNLOADING
Vendor parking permits must be displayed on all vehicle dashboards for identification or will be towed.
Pre-approved vehicle parking and unloading areas will be strictly enforced.
RAIN or SHINE
All events are held rain or shine. In cases of severe weather when the parks are closed, refunds or rescheduling will be permissible.
Depending on the size and location of your event, you may need to rent additional portable toilets. The Special Event Section will specify the required number if any arrangements are required.
You may be required to provide reimbursement for PBSO deputies. Requirements will be determined after a review of your application and a site meeting.TENTS and RIDES
No staked tents or signs are allowed unless written permission is received from the Special Events Section. If stakes are driven in the ground without written permission the vendor’s ability to operate in Palm Beach County Parks may be revoked.
No motorized rides, mechanical bulls or amusements are allowed. WATER AMUSEMENTS
Water slides are prohibited in all County Parks. Dunk tanks are allowed. This may change dependant upon the current County water restrictions. Please contact the Special Event Section for current restrictions.