Please prepare for the possibility of “no-see-ums” midges within the park. Click here to view preventative measures.
The campground office no longer accepts cash for firewood transactions or reservations.
Please take advantage of our permit only campground as the islands Natural Area Camping locations are currently CLOSED due to high tide levels.
Click here to view the campground map
Peanut Island park offers seventeen (17) tropically landscaped, reserved campsites that include a tent pad, grill, and picnic table. The facility also features restrooms with hot indoor showers, a picnic pavilion, and a large fire ring.
- Camping is by permit only (reservations are required)
- Overnight Camping Fee
- $28.00 ($31.64 w/tax) per single campsite per night
- $56.00 ($63.28 w/tax) per expanded campsite per night
- Check-in: after 1:00 pm
- Check-out: before 11:00 am
- Maximum three (3) night stay (you are limited to one (1) three (3) night stay every two (2) months)
- Cancellation: Reservations are subject to a 1 week notice or a cancellation fee of 1 night will be charged.
- Changes to Reservation Date(s): Changes to existing reservation date(s) can be made up until 11:00am the day of your reservation. If changes are made within one (1) week of the original reservation date, only one change will be permitted and a one night fee will be charged for any later cancellation(s) of the newly reserved date.
We're sorry that we are unable to provide online registration at this time, but our friendly staff is ready to assist you with your reservation over the telephone. Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance by calling (561) 845-4445 or toll free (866) 383-5730. Due to Peanut Island's popularity, the voice mailbox may become full during peak times. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Full payment is due upon reservation.
- A maximum of two (2) sites or one (1) expanded site may be reserved per household.
- There is a maximum of one (1) tent per single site and two (2) tents per expanded site.
- There is a maximum of six (6) campers per single site and twelve (12) campers per expanded site.
- Registered guests may visit until 9:00 pm.
Camping privileges may be revoked for not complying with either the campground or park rules.
- Sleeping is only permitted in tents. Open air sleeping in bed rolls or sleeping bags is prohibited. Sleeping on beaches, piers, docks, picnic areas, and pavilions is prohibited.
- Tents must be of flame retardant, commercial manufacture.
- Tents must be erected before sunset.
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm until sunrise.
- Open fires are prohibited on the island. A controlled fire is permitted in the designated fire ring during good weather conditions and only after sunset at the discretion of the Park Supervisor.
- Firewood available for purchase: $6.50 ($6.96 w/tax)
- Campsites do not have electricity. For your safety and comfort, extension cords and generators are not permitted.
- Pets are permitted but must be attended at all times and kept on a secure leash not to exceed six (6) feet in length. Pets must remain on a leash at all times, even when in the water. Pet handlers are required to clean up after their pet(s). Campers are asked to limit pets to no more than two (2) per site.
- Open fires are prohibited but small barbecue grills are permitted for cooking on the beach. Please ask staff to help you disposed of your hot coals.
WATER TAXI SERVICE
Private water taxi service is available from nearby local businesses. Below is an independently owned and operated water taxi service.