Click here to view the Summit Program Book or
Click here to view our event Sponsors!
Keynote by Jane Elliott.
Former Schoolteacher, Anti-Racism Activist, Educator, Feminist & LGBT Activist
Jane Elliott - internationally known teacher, lecturer, diversity trainer, and recipient of the National Mental Health Association Award for Excellence in Education, exposes prejudice and bigotry for what it is, an irrational class system based upon purely arbitrary factors.
And, if you think this does not apply to you . . . you are in for a rude awakening.
The My Brother's Keeper Network is a coalition of public and private entities that work together to improve life outcomes for boys and young men of color through internal
agency policy review, education and employment opportunities.
The activities promoted by this network focus primarily on the following national goals:
- Ensuring all children enter school cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally ready,
- Ensuring all children read at grade level by 3rd grade,
- Ensuring all youth graduate from high school,
- Ensuring all youth complete post-secondary education or training,
- Ensuring all youth are out of school are employed, and
- Ensuring all youth remain safe from violent crime