PBC Post Disaster Redevelopment Plan
Back to Business Directory
Palm Beach County’s Post Disaster Redevelopment Plan (PDRP) is a guidance document that identifies and lays out policies, operational strategies, and roles and responsibilities to help guide the decisions and actions of community leaders relative to long-term recovery and redevelopment following a major or catastrophic disaster. In short, it serves as a blue print for rebuilding the physical, social and economic fabrics of our community.
The PDRP also encourages capitalizing on the unique window of opportunity for hazard mitigation and community improvement provided by the post disaster environment, consistent with the goals of the local Comprehensive plan and with full participation of the citizens.
Key recovery and redevelopment topics emphasized in the PDRP include, but are not limited to:
- Business resumption and economic redevelopment
- Housing repair and reconstruction
- Infrastructure restoration and mitigation
- Governance and financial management
- Sustainable land use
- Environmental preservation and restoration, and
- Short-term recovery actions that affect long-term redevelopment