Back to Natural Areas List
The parking lot to Winding Waters Natural Area will be closed while preparations are made for Natural Areas Fest. Come out
on Saturday, March 4th and learn more about Palm Beach County's 31,000 acres of presevered Natural Areas!!!
Click here for the festival web page.
Parking is located off Dyer Boulevard, 1/2 mile west of Haverhill Road, West Palm Beach
Bring your kayak or canoe to paddle at this urban wetland
Open Sunrise to Sunset, 365 Days a Year
At a Glance
This One's for the Birds
This 548-acre natural area contains mesic flatwoods, hydric hammock, depression marsh, wet prairie, and dome swamp. Several areas were cleared for agricultural purposes and have been restored to shallow-water and deep-water marshes. Birdlife is abundant with bald eagles, anhingas, green herons, belted kingfishers, wood storks, roseate spoonbills, and loggerhead shrikes making appearances.
- Rookery Island
- Nesting Island
- Nature Trail (paved) 0.5 miles
- Hiking Trail (sandy) 4.9 miles
- Canoe/Kayak Trail 3.3 miles
- Observation Platform overlooking created wetlands
- Woods Trail (sandy-east of observation platform) 0.6 miles
- Wetlands Trail (sandy-circles the wetland) 4.3 miles
- Part of
Florida's Greenways and Trails System
- A portion of the trails and parking lot were funded through the
Recreational Trails Program