Administration oversees the divisions responsibilities for the design, construction, management, and operation of County facilities and its fleet under the jurisdiction of the Board of County Commissioners.
Administration also includes the Facilities Services section which assists in contract administrator for all goods and service contracts utilized by the Operations Divisions of FDO. In addition, Facilities Services helps develop long term emergency management and continuity plans for FDO.
What Do We Do?
- Prepare specifications and design plans for capital projects;
- Administer capital project construction activity;
- Administer bids and other procurement related activities;
- Rehabilitate and renovate County facilities;
- Perform space planning studies;
- Act as County's agent for all zoning, land use, and project development specifications;
- Conduct technical and user needs assessments and develop project specifications;
- Manage custodial services in designated buildings;
- Provide security services;
- Manage parking facilities;
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on County facilities, equipment, and vehicles;
- Write specifications, acquire, assign, fund, and dispose of equipment/vehicles;
- Manage County fueling sites;
- Acquire property and dispose of surplus properties;
- Administer leases for County leased facilities;
- Coordinate civic site acquisitions and use; and
- Respond to public inquires regarding County property.
- Develop and oversee continuity plans for the Department and all County Property
- Oversee the Emergency Management for the Department