Vendors that are interested in selling prepared food, flowers, plants or produce alongside a County road must first obtain a permit. The Engineering & Public Works Department is authorized to issue permits to vendors at certain locations along County roads within unincorporated Palm Beach County. For roads that are within a municipality (a city, town or village), please contact the municipality to see if they offer a program.
For all other programs such as mobile vending and transient vending (see Difference in Vendor License for definition of Licenses) please contact the Zoning Division at
Steps to take for acquiring a permit for Roadside Vending:
- Start by making sure that the Roadside Vendor permit is what you need. Please review the Differences in Vendor License to see which license would pertain to you.
- If the Roadside Vendor permit is suitable for your needs, please review the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2020 and read the Roadside Vendor Ordinance carefully.
- Find a location that meets the requirements of the Roadside Vendor Ordinance. Below is a list of some of these requirements. Please review sec. 23-100 of the Roadside Vendor Ordinance for additional requirements.
a. Must be on a County owned and maintained right-of-way in unincorporated Palm Beach County.
b. Must be at least 1,500 feet from any other approved roadside vendor location.
c. Cannot be on the side of road that contains curbing, public sidewalks, driveways, bike paths or pathways or on an improved or maintained swale areas.
d. Cannot abut residentially developed property.
- Once you have a location selected, please complete and sign your application for a permit. The application can be found in the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2020 document. Once you have completed the application, contact the Traffic Division at 561-684-4030 to make an appointment
Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm to go over your application and pay the application fee. If approved, you will receive an intent to permit.
- Within 20 business days from the issue date of the intent to permit, obtain all of the required paperwork for the actual permit. The required paperwork is summarized on page 1 of the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2020 document.
- Once you have all of the required paperwork, contact the Traffic Division at 561-684-4030 to make an appointment
Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm to go over your paperwork and pay the permit fee. If approved, you will receive your permit.
Road Side Vendor Program Links: