Vendors that are interested in selling prepared food, flowers, plants or produce alongside a County road must first obtain a permit. The Engineering & Public Works Department is authorized to issue permits to vendors at certain locations along County roads within unincorporated Palm Beach County. For roads that are within a municipality (a city, town or village), please contact the municipality to see if they offer a program.
For all other programs such as mobile vending and transient vending (see Difference in Vendor License for definition of Licenses) please contact the Zoning Division at
Steps to take for acquiring a permit for Roadside Vending:
- Start by making sure that the Roadside Vendor permit is what you need. Please review the Differences in Vendor License to see which license would pertain to you.
- If the Roadside Vendor permit is suitable for your needs, please review the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2021 and read the Roadside Vendor Ordinance carefully
- Find a location that meets the requirements of the Roadside Vendor Ordinance. Below is a list of some of these requirements. Please review sec. 23-100 of the Roadside Vendor Ordinance for additional requirements.
a. Must be on a County owned and maintained right-of-way in unincorporated Palm Beach County.
b. Must be at least 1,500 feet from any other approved roadside vendor location.
c. Cannot be on the side of road that contains curbing, public sidewalks, driveways, bike paths or pathways or on an improved or maintained swale areas.
d. Cannot abut residentially developed property.
- Once you have a location selected, please complete and sign your application for a permit. The application can be found in the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2021 document. Once you have completed the application, please send application and documents to
ENG-TrafficAdmin@pbcgov.org , mail or drop off the documents at the Traffic Division (Engineering & Public Work- Traffic Division, 2300 N Jog Road 3rd Floor, West Palm Beach , FL 33411). All required documents must be submitted for review and approval prior to making an appointment. No original documents will be accepted at this time. After the review process has been completed and approved, call for an appointment at
561-684-4030 to finalize your application and pay the application fee. You will need to bring the required original documents in at that time. Appointments are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm . If approved, you will receive an intent to permit.
- Within 20 business days from the issue date of the intent to permit, obtain all of the required paperwork for the actual permit. The required paperwork is summarized on page 1 of the Steps to Acquire a PBC Vendor Permit 2021 document.
- Once you have all of the required paperwork, all required documents must be submitted for review and approval prior to making an appointment. Submittals can be mailed, dropped off at the Traffic Division or emailed to ENG-TrafficAdmin@pbcgov.org . No original documents will be accepted at this time. After the review process has been completed and approved, call for an appointment and bring the required original documents in at that time for final processing. Contact the Traffic Division at 561-684-4030 to make an appointment Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm to finalize your paperwork and pay the permit fee. If approved, you will receive your permit.
Road Side Vendor Program Links: