Robert Weinroth was elected to the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners representing District 4 in 2018 and was recently elected by his fellow board members to serve as mayor. He is a longtime resident of Boca Raton with an extensive background in business, public service, and community involvement.
In 2014, Weinroth was elected to the Boca Raton City Council where he served as deputy mayor and CRA vice-chair during his four-year tenure. In tandem with his service on the City Council, he was appointed to a number of Palm Beach County boards including the Boca Raton Airport Authority, Palm Tran Service Board, Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency, and Treasure Coast Planning Council. In addition, he was elected to the board of the Palm Beach County League of Cities and the Florida Municipal Insurance Trust.
Weinroth brings to his public service a broad background as an executive and general counsel in insurance, finance and health care industries. Most recently, he was president and general counsel at Freedom Medical Services Inc. (working with his wife and partner Pamela) for 16 years.
Currently, Weinroth serves on the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency (chair), Value Adjustment Board, Multi-Jurisdictional Issues Coordination Forum, and Palm Beach Broadband. He also serves on the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council (alternate), Governing Board of the Solid Waste Authority, Florida Hate Crime Coalition, and Florida Metropolitan Planning Organization Advisory Council (vice chair).
In addition, Mayor Weinroth serves on the National Association of Counties Transportation Steering and Community and Urban Affairs Policy Committees.
Mayor Weinroth is married to Pamela and is the father of four boys in their blended family.
- Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency (TPA), chairman
- Business Development Board (BDB) Executive Committee, officer
- Multi-Jurisdictional Issues Coordination Forum Executive Committee, chairman
- National Association of Counties Transportation Policy Steering Committee
- Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners, board member
- Palm Beach County Broadband Coalition, chairman
- Solid Waste Authority, board member
- Value Adjustment Board, board member
- Florida Atlantic University College of Engineering Advisory Board, board member
- Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, board member (ex officio)
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, board member
- Child Care Facilities Board, chairman
- City of Boca Raton Planning and Zoning Board
- Florida Association of Counties (FAC), board member
- Southeast Florida Coastal Task Force, chairman
- Environmental Control Board, chairman
- Land Development Regulatory Commission, board member
- Florida League of Mayors, founding board member
- Palm Beach County League of Cities, past president
Awards and Recognitions
- Commissioner of the Year Award, Palm Beach County League of Cities (2013)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Friends Select School (2012)
- Outstanding Service Award by Junior League of Boca Raton as honorary member of
the Public Issues and Advocacy Committee (2010)
- Voters' Coalition Outstanding Public Service Award (2010)
- Boca Life Magazine – Featured as one of the 25 Most Influential People (2009)
- Proclaimed Mayor Emeritus of the City of Boca Raton
- Outstanding Service Award by Florence Fuller Child Development Center
(Men with Caring Hearts Luncheon)
- Distinguished Service Medal from the Israel National Police
- Philo Sherman Bennett Prize (Best Government Thesis), Harvard University