Elected to the Palm Beach County Commission on November 3, 2020, Maria Marino previously served on the Palm Beach Gardens City Council and was the City's Mayor in 2017 and again in 2018. During Maria's tenure on the City Council, the Gardens experienced lower tax rates, 2,400 acres were dedicated to conservation to help restore the flow of water over 100,000 acres at no expense to tax payers, and a new 80-acre district park opened.
Maria represented the City on numerous county and statewide boards including the Palm Beach County League of Cities, Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, Loxahatchee River Coordinating Council, North County Intergovernmental Committee, and is the immediate past Chair of the Palm Beach County Transportation Planning Agency. Maria is a 2019 Women of Excellence Award Honoree by the National Foundation of Women Legislators.
The 2017 “Woman of the Year" by the Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, Maria is Chair of the Chamber's Smart and Connected Regions Task Force, sits on several subcommittees and is a Past Trustee Member.
Maria was the Broker/Owner of Marino Realty Group and served as the Executive Director of the Jupiter Children's Foundation.
With a strong belief in community service and philanthropy, she lends her talents to many initiatives targeted at enriching the lives of at-risk youth and building business relationships that benefit those in need.
Currently, Maria serves on the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, Loxahatchee River Coordinating Council, is a director on the Board of the Florida Association of Counties (FAC), Policy Leader on the FAC Community and Urban Affairs Policy Committee, and member of the Palm Beach County Transportation Planning Agency. Maria is a board member with the Forum Club of the Palm Beaches, the Children's Golf Foundation, The First Tee of the Palm Beaches, former executive director of the Jupiter Children's Foundation, and past board member of the Edna W. Runner Tutorial Center. She also co-chairs Palm Beach County Cares, a disaster relief organization.
Maria continues as an Ambassador with the Honda Classic and is a Graduate of Leadership Palm Beach County Class of 2010. She has served on its Board of Directors, chaired several committees and was a 2015 Leadership Excellence Award Finalist.
A native of Connecticut and a graduate of the University of Connecticut, Maria won the State Women's Amateur Golf Championship in 1985. She came to Florida to improve her golf skills and never left the Sunshine State. Still a golf professional, Maria has been a member and mentor with the LPGA since 1994, where she served on the organization's National Marketing Committee and as Southeast Section Treasurer. Maria is also a 2019 Honoree of the Norwalk, Connecticut Old Timers Athletic Association that recognizes hometown heroes that have distinguished themselves in sports and beyond.
- Marino Realty Group Broker/Owner (2005 - 2020)
- Palm Beach Gardens City Council Member (2016-2020) serving 2 terms as Mayor (2017 -2019) and one as Vice Mayor (2020)
- Ladies Professional Golf Association Professional Golfer (1994 - present)
- Jupiter Children's Foundation Executive Director (2003 - 2020)
- Braman Motor Cars Philanthropy Consultant (2008 - 2017)
- Palm Beach County Transportation Planning Agency (2017- present)
- Board of Directors, Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council (2017- present)
- Board of Directors, Palm Beach League of Cities (2016 – 2020)
- Chair, Palm Beach League of Cities Transportation Committee (2018 – 2020)
- North County Intergovernmental Committee (2017 – present)
- Loxahatchee River Coordinating Council (2019 – present)
- Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce, Government Affairs Committee Member (2015 - 2020), Economic Affairs Committee (2016 – 2020)
- Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Sub-Committee Chair, Smart and Connect Regions (2017- present)
- Florida Association of Counties Board of Directors and Policy Leader on the Community and Urban Affairs Policy Committee (2021)
- Women of Excellence Award Honoree, National Foundation for Women Legislators (2019)
- Norwalk Old Timers Athletic Association Honoree (2019)
- Recognition Award Winner, M.A.M.A.'s Shelter (2018)
- Woman of the Year, Palm Beach North Chamber (2017)
- Award Finalist, Leadership Palm Beach County (2015)
- Palm Beach County Cares, Disaster Relief Initiative Co-Chair (2017-Present)
- Forum Club (2015-present)
- Forum Club Board Member (2018 – present)
- Economic Forum Member (2014-present)
- Edna W Runner Tutorial Center Past President, Board Member (2005 - 2020)
- Children's Golf Foundation Board Member (First Tee of the Palm Beaches, Broward, and Treasure Coast), (2015 - present)
- Honda Classic Ambassador (2007 - Present)
- Melanoma Foundation Eclipse Luncheon Committee and Emcee (2019 & 2020)
- City of Palm Beach Gardens Recreation Advisory Board (2014 - 2016)
- Hanley Center Foundation, Honorary Co-Chair (2017 – 2018)
- Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce Trustee (2015 - 2018)
- Scripps for Research Annual Golf Tournament, Honorary Chairwoman (2016 - 2017)