Marriage Week USA February 7-14 every year
Back to Family and Human Development Page
The purpose of Marriage Week USA is to celebrate the importance of marriage to our communities. While the wedding is a day, marriage lasts a lifetime.Some benefits of marriage to focus on during this week:
- Marriage gives people a goal -- a sense of purpose in life that's larger than they are.
- Children generally do better in a two-parent home.
- Married people have more wealth and economic assets.
- Married people have a healthier life style, are healthier, and live longer.
- Married men and women make more money than single men and women.
- Marriage tends to make individuals more motivated to do well at work and to cope with work stresses.
- Married individuals contribute to more stable communities by being more responsible to them.
- Married people have a more emotionally satisfying sexual relationship.
To discuss any of these benefits and to find out more about a Community Marriage Initiative, please call any of the following contacts:
Extension Agent Maisie Ross, 561-233-1742
David Claud, Kaisha Thomas, Center for Family Services, 561-616-1256
Terry Ganaway, 561-842-3606