*** VISIT THE USE REGULATIONS PROJECT MAIN PAGE ***
The Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) Use Regulations Project includes two parts:
FORMATTING - Staff is proposing changes to the formatting of the ULDC, mainly Article 4, Use Regulations, with minor changes to Article 1.I, Definitions and Acronyms, and Article 3, Overlays and Zoning Districts, as a result of the Use Regulations Project objective to eliminate redundancies and facilitate use of the Code.
USES – Definitions (Article 1.), Use Matrices (Articles 3 and 4) and Supplemental Use Standards (Article 4.B) will be reviewed and Staff will conduct the following tasks, where applicable:
- Eliminate redundancies and glitches;
- Update Code to reflect new industry trends;
- Streamline approval processes where feasible by reviewing current approval thresholds (i.e. administrative versus public hearing approval processes);
- Establish consistency in use approvals for Standard Zoning Districts, Planned Development Districts, and Traditional Development Districts; and,
- Ensure amendments are consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
SUBCOMMITTEE MAIN GOAL - Review and discuss the proposed changes to the Use Regulations to:
- Improve predictability that would encourage development and reduce unnecessary regulations while continuing to protect the health, safety and welfare of County residents, by mitigating the adverse impacts of incompatible land uses; and,
- Determine if proposed format changes are presented in a more user friendly manner and facilitate location of the information.
Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) Information
Additional Meetings Held in 2012
Formatting of Art 4
Utilities and Excavation Uses
Public and Civic Uses
Commercial Communication Towers