September is National Food Safety Education Month
Return to Food Safety
Here are a few Food Safety "Always
- Wash your hands before handling food.
- Keep cold foods cold and hot foods hot.
- Cook poultry to the recommended internal temperature - 165 degrees F.
- Keep raw meat and poultry separate from other foods.
- Use hot, soapy water to clean surfaces that come in contact with raw
meat/poultry and meat/poultry juices.
- Keep your refrigerator at 40 degrees F or colder.
- Refrigerate/freeze leftovers within two hours of being cooked.