VOLUNTEER WITH 4-H!
Palm Beach County 4-H relies on dedicated volunteers to promote its mission to help youth gain the knowledge and life skills they need to be productive, responsible citizens. Your time as a volunteer will provide these youth the safe environment they need to pursue whatever interests, causes, and leadership roles that are most important to them. Adults who are not currently 4-H volunteers, we invite you to become a volunteer and share in the positive experiences of the Palm Beach County 4-H program.
HOW DO I BECOME A 4-H VOLUNTEER?
- Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Palm Beach County 4-H.
- Contact 4-H Secretary, Dina Ligotino (DLigotino@pbcgov.org or 561-233-1792) to make an appointment to meet with your 4-H Agent.
- Choose a volunteer role and complete an Adult Volunteer Profile through 4-H Online.* (Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.)
- Successfully complete the annual OYCS Youth Protection Training (using an Internet Explorer web browser). Training results will be e-mailed Dina as well.
- Complete and submit the Florida 4-H Volunteer Packet to Dina.
- Visit sheriff's office to obtain fingerprinting and await eligibility status from 4-H Agent.
- After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!