Each day in Palm Beach County, hundreds of families are faced with utility service disconnection. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to provide financial relief from high-energy costs to prevent service disconnection for families in crisis. Services include crisis utility payment, home energy assistance, and HVAC system replacement (only for homeowners).
Extensive Outreach Campaigns are conducted to ensure maximum participation of the neediest families. Particular efforts are made to serve the elderly and those with special needs, including home visits and group intakes.
Applicants can submit their application online at Utilityassistancepbc.org or contact the Call Center at 561-355-4792, to make an appointment at one of our office locations or participating libraries.
Applications for assistance may be made by contacting the nearest Community Action Service Center.
For additional information, please call
561-355-4792 or email CSDCares@pbcgov.org.
...helping people build better communities.
LIHEAP Benefit Limits Increased
To qualify for LIHEAP services, households must comply with the following:
- Reside in Palm Beach County
- Have a utility bill in a household member's name
- Total household income must be at or below 60% SMI or 150% FPLG
- For additional eligibility requirements to qualify for the HVAC replacement program, click here
|Crisis (Winter and Summer)
||Up to $5,000
||Up to $1,350
Crisis (Winter and Summer)
- Qualifying households will receive a benefit amount of up to $5,000 on a past due bill, to resolve their energy crisis.
- Households that do not have an energy crisis, but whose total income is at or below 60% State Median Income (SMI; Household size of 1-8 members) or 150% Federal Poverty Level Guideline (FPLG; Household size of 9 or more members), will receive a credit of up to $1,350.
- The benefit amount will depend on total household income, household size, and if there are any elderly, disabled or children under age six (6) in the household.
HVAC Replacement Program
- Qualifying homeowner households will obtain a new HVAC system to replace their inoperable or old system already in place.
Ways to Apply
Applications may be submitted online at
utilityassistancepbc.org or in person at one of our offices or PBC Library locations, by scheduling an appointment at 561-355-4792.
If you have a crisis or your utilities are in jeopardy of disconnection, you can:
Applications for assistance may be made by:
CALL OR REGISTER TO APPLY FOR SERVICES ONLINE.
If you have a crisis or your utilities are in jeopardy of being disconnected, you can: