Before You Tie The Knot
Before You Tie the Knot (BYTK) is a research-based premarital education program designed to offer constructive guidance to couples as they begin their lives as a married couple. The program aims to help couples understand that it takes both partners working together to make a marriage successful. The BYTK premarital educational program, including activity workbook, focuses on helping premarital couples to: recognize their own and their partner's needs, parent positively, negotiate conflict successfully, communicate effectively, manage money skillfully, and develop and maintain healthy lifestyles.
Upon completion of this course, couples in participating counties will receive a certificate of completion, which allows them to waive the 3-day waiting period and get a $27.50 discount on the marriage license fee.
Upon completion of this course you will increase your premarital knowledge and marriage relationship skills in the following areas:
- Identify your own 8 Needs and how you and your partner can meet these needs regularly.
- Identify and apply healthy parenting practices for first time parents or stepparents.
- Practice 9 Skills of communication which can help put your marriage relationship on a positive trajectory for success.
- Practice healthy financial management strategies.
- Apply healthy lifestyles to guide you throughout marriage.
For more information: call (561) 233-1742