THE PURCHASE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM HAS ENDED AS WE HAVE RECEIVED 100 APPLICATIONS.
HED IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS
State Housing Initiative Partnerships (SHIP)
Purchase Assistance Program
$1,500,000 MAXIMUM AWARD:
MAXIMUM PURCHASE PRICE:
$331,888Access Existing Purchase Assistance Applications
PURCHASE ASSISTANCE SUMMARY: Funding will be available to SHIP and HOME Match income eligible first-time homebuyers for purchase assistance with or without rehabilitation or new construction. SHIP funds will be awarded to assist with gap financing, lot acquisition; down payment; rehabilitation of the unit to be purchased; and closing costs. NOTE: Prospective homebuyers must qualify as a First Time Homebuyer under the HUD definition:
An individual who has no ownership in a principal residence during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase of the property. This provision is limited to a spouse (if either meets the above test, they are considered first-time homebuyers). A single parent who has only owned with a former spouse while married. An individual who is a displaced homemaker and has only owned with a spouse. An individual who has only owned a principal residence not permanently affixed to a permanent foundation in accordance with applicable regulations. An individual who has only owned a property that was not in compliance with state, local or model building codes and which cannot be brought into compliance for less than the cost of constructing a permanent structure.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED:
Number of Persons in Household
Extremely Low Income
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA:One hundred (100) applications will be available online by visiting the website at pbcgov.org/HED beginning
September 20, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a first submitted, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, the following documents must be provided for the applicant, co-applicant and
ALL adult household members:
- Copy of valid Drivers' License or State Identification for
ALL Adult Household Members
- Copy of Birth Certificates or valid U.S. Passport or Naturalization Certificate for ALL household members (for all Non-U.S. Citizen household members provide a copy of a valid Permanent Resident Card).
- Copy of most recent paycheck stub for
ALL working adult household members
(OR) a current completed
Verification of Employment (VOE) completed within 30 days of submission of application
Completed YTD Profit and Loss Statement for
ALL adult household members (if self-employed or current 1099 Income earner)
- If an adult student is employed – copy of class schedule on school's letterhead
- Copy of most recent Social Security, Retirement and/or Disability Award Letter for
ALL adult household members
- Wage Earner Statement from Social Security Administration for
ALL unemployed adult household members (OR) an Affidavit of Unemployment for each unemployed household members
- Court ordered child support documentation/ALL appropriate legal documentation for adoption, divorce, battered spouse & restraining order
- Copy of most recent six months bank statements (OR) a current
Completed Verification of Deposit (VOD) for ALL accounts for ALL adult household members
- Most recent two (2) years of tax returns (signed and dated) and W2s.
- If self-employed, provide copy of a current 1099 and three (3) years of most recent tax returns
- Copy of Homebuyer Certificate from a HUD Certified Counseling Agency or Neighborworks America
Completed Homebuyer Education Certification of Completion by a HUD Certified Counseling Agency or Neighborworks America
Completed Housing Partners' Fee Schedule
- Copy of Pre-Approval/Pre-Qualification Letter from First Mortgage Lender
Access Existing Purchase Assistance Applications
For Assistance: Telephone: (561) 233-3606/(561)233-3693/(561)233-3600 or