The State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Emergency Repairs Program has accepted 25 applications. The program will not be accepting new applications at this time.
ALLOCATION:$1,000,000 MAXIMUM AWARD:
PROPERTY'S ASSESSED VALUE CANNOT EXCEED $352,371
EMERGENCY REPAIRS SUMMARY: Funding will provide financial assistance to income eligible owner occupied residences to address emergency conditions such as roofing, electrical, plumbing or structural repairs. Funds may also be awarded to pay insurance premiums and/or deductibles.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED:
|Number of Persons in Household
Extremely Low Income (30%)
Very Low Income (50%)
Low Income (80%)
Moderate Income (140%)
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA:Twenty-Five (25) applications will be available online by visiting this website beginning
Monday, November 1, 2021 at 8:00am. Applications will be accepted on a first submitted, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
(NOTE:Acceptance of an application and/or approval of an application does not guarantee funding. Assistance is subject to funding availability.)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, the following documents must be provided for the applicant, co-applicant and
ALL adult household members:
- Copy of valid Drivers' License or State Identification for
ALL Adult househ
- old members
- Copy of Birth Certificates or valid U.S. Passport or Naturalization Certificate for
ALL household members (for all Non-U.S. Citizen household members provide a copy of a valid Permanent Resident Card).
- Copy of most recent paycheck stub for
ALL working adult household members
(OR) a current
Verification of Employment (VOE) completed within 30 days of submission of application
Completed YTD Profit and Loss Statement for
ALL adult household members (if self-employed or current 1099 Income earner)
- If an adult student is employed – copy of class schedule on school's letterhead
- Copy of most recent Social Security, Retirement and/or Disability Award Letter for
ALL adult household members
- Wage Earner Statement from Social Security Administration for
ALL unemployed adult household members
- Court ordered child support documentation/ALL appropriate legal documentation for adoption, divorce, battered spouse & restraining order
- Copy of most recent six (6) months bank statements (OR) a current Verification of Deposit (VOD) completed for
ALL accounts for
ALL adult household members
- Most recent two (2) years of tax returns (signed and dated) and W2s.
- If self-employed, provide copy of a current 1099 and three (3) years of most recent tax returns
- Copies of
ALL mortgages and warranty deeds
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance (Declaration age only) (OR) a signed Uninsured Property Insurance Affidavit
- Mandatory Orientation Certificate
Applicant is required to attend a Mandatory Virtual Orientation hosted by HED. Register now at https://survey.pbcgov.com/s3/HED-Registration
- Mortgage payments, insurance and taxes must be current/paid to date.
NOTE: This program may pay one (1) year insurance premium in the event that the eligible homeowner does not have homeowners insurance.
- Applicant may not currently own or have liquid assets exceeding $200,000 in liquid assets (excluding their primary residence, but including any other commercial or residential property owned).
Funds will be awarded as a 0% interest deferred payment loan secured by a recorded mortgage and note for 15 years. The loan is forgiven at the end of the 15-year term
Telephone: (561) 233-3606/(561)233-3693/(561)233-3600 or