Starts Monday, January 24, 2022 at 8:00am and ends on Monday, February 28, 2022
(or until 90 applications have been submitted)
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
$100,000 (Including Contingency)
OWNER OCCUPIED HOUSING REHABILIATION SUMMARY: Funding will assist income eligible homeowners, residing in the
unincorporated area of Palm Beach County, with substantial rehabilitation to correct code violations or incipient items that will become a code violation.
NOTE: Applicant must provide a statement on how their household was financially impact by COVID19.
PROPERTY'S ASSESSED VALUE CANNOT EXCEED $352,371
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED
Number of Persons in Household
Extremely Low Income (30%)
Very Low Income (50%)
Low Income (80%)
Moderate Income (140%)
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA:Ninety (90) applications will be available online by visiting the website at
Monday, January 24, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a first submitted, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability until
Monday, February 28, 2022, or until 90 applications have been submitted.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, the following documents must be provided for the applicant, co-applicant and
ALL adult household members:
- Copy of valid Drivers' License or State Identification
- Copy of Birth Certificates or valid U.S. Passport or Naturalization Certificate (for all Non-U.S. Citizen household members provide a copy of a valid Permanent Resident Card).
- Copy of most recent paycheck stub
current completed Verification of Employment (VOE) completed within 30 days of submission of application
Completed YTD Profit and Loss Statement (if self-employed or current 1099 Income earner)
- If an adult student is employed – copy of class schedule on school's letterhead
- Copy of most recent Social Security, Retirement and/or Disability Award Letter
- Wage Earner Statement from Social Security Administration for
ALL unemployed adult household members
- Court ordered child support documentation/ALL appropriate legal documentation for adoption, divorce, battered spouse & restraining order
- A Completed Verification of Deposit (VOD) for ALL current accounts
- Most recent two (2) years of tax returns (signed and dated) and W2s
- If self-employed, provide copy of a current 1099 and three (3) years of most recent tax returns
- Copies of ALL mortgages and/or warranty deeds
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance (Declaration age only)
- ALL applicants are required to attend a Virtual Mandatory Orientation facilitated by HED, prior to application submittal. Interested parties may register at
https://survey.pbcgov.com/s3/HED-Owner-Occupied-Housing-Rehabilitation beginning Monday, December 13, 2021.
Virtual Mandatory Orientations Schedule HERE. NOTE: Applications will not be reviewed if proof of orientation attendance is not provided. Orientation dates are posted on the website.
- To ensure eligibility,
properties must be located in the unincorporated area of PBC, and may be required to be located within or adjacent to, a federally designated
Qualified Census Tract (QCT - See
East County Map and
- Mortgage payments, insurance and taxes must be current/paid to date.
NOTE: This program may pay one (1) year insurance premium in the event that the eligible homeowner does not have homeowners insurance.
- Applicant may not currently own or have liquid assets exceeding $200,000, and/or a combination of liquid and non-liquid assets exceeding $352,371 - (excluding their primary residence).
- Funds will be awarded as a 0% interest deferred payment loan secured by a recorded mortgage and note for 15 years. The loan is forgiven at the end of the 15-year term, if no default has occurred.
- Applicants are “ineligible" to apply for assistance if there is currently a Palm Beach County rehabilitation and/or repair mortgage lien on the property and/or code violation liens on the property.
Telephone: (561) 233-3606; (561)233-3693; or (561)233-3600.
Apply Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program