General Sales Terms
The County Thrift Store gladly accepts cash, money order, certified or cashiers bank check, traveler's check, Visa® card and MasterCard® during our normal sales. Cash is not accepted on Surplus Sealed Bids. Sorry, we are not able to accept personal or business checks.
1. All merchandise is offered on an "as is, where is" basis. There are no guarantees or warranties, either express or implied.
2. All sales are final – no returns, refunds or exchanges.
3. The Store reserves the right to withdraw any items from sale without prior notice.
4. Items sold at auction become the sole and immediate responsibility of the buyer. The Store reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informalities.
5. For motor vehicles, it is the buyer's responsibility to provide proper safety devices and equipment, licenses and permits necessary to meet all government safety standards and legal driving requirements, and for insuring awarded items against risk of loss while they remain on County premises.
Sales Tax and Exemption
The Thrift Store charges state and local sales tax at the rate of 6% on all sales. Qualified non-profit organizations and resellers may be exempt from this tax. Registered businesses that purchase our surplus merchandise for resale are exempt from paying sales tax. To receive this benefit, a business must register at The Store. At the time of registration, the business must provide a copy of a valid Florida Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Registration (form DR-11) and a current Annual Resale Certificate for Sale Tax (form DR-13) issued by the Florida Department of Revenue. Form DR-13 expires every December 31 and must be renewed annually to remain in effect. It is the responsibility of the business to provide the Store with a copy of its renewed certificate each January, or its tax-exempt status will lapse, and all future sales at The Store will become fully taxable. Only those purchases within the scope of the company's business purpose/activity will receive the exemption. Items purchased for use in the business rather than for resale are fully taxable. Violations of these provisions will subject the business to loss of purchasing privileges at The Store.