The OFMB Budget Division prepares and administers Palm Beach County's annual budget in accordance with Florida Statutes and the policies of the Palm Beach Board of County Commissioners. On behalf of the County Administration Department and the Board of County Commissioners, the Budget Division fulfills an oversight role and provides general guidance and assistance to County departments, members of the public, media representatives, and other government agencies.
Primary services include:
- Preparing the County's annual operating and capital budgets,
- analyzing and processing changes to the adopted budget,
- planning for future operating and capital requirements,
- reporting financial trends and issues, major project status’, and departmental performance measurement data,
- reviewing and commenting on the fiscal impact of Board agenda items,
- and, providing financial expertise, assistance, and information to the Board, Administration, departments, citizens, and media representatives.