DOSS provides Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) which assists low-income households who include at least one (1) individual age sixty (60) and older and are experiencing a home energy crisis.
Households are eligible for one (1) summer (cooling) crisis benefit during the period from April 1 to September 30 and one (1) winter (heating) benefit from October 1 to March 31 each year, not to exceed $400.
The consumer must be or have been residing in the EHEAP service area at the time the home energy cost were incurred in order to receive assistance.
- The consumer must complete an application and return all required information and verification to DOSS while funds remain available.
- The consumer must provide a final fuel bill for home energy.
- The consumer must have a verifiable home energy crisis.
- The consumer must not live in government subsidized housing projects where home heating and cooling are totally included in the rent.
Consumer automatically qualifies if he or she has a home energy emergency, and:
- Receives Food Stamps, or
- Applied for Weatherization Assistance Program and is currently eligible, or
- Applied for Community Services Block Grant and is currently eligible.
810 Datura Street, Room 300
West Palm Beach, Fl 33401
Mid County Senior Center
3680 Lake Worth Road
Lake Worth, FL 33461
North County Senior Center
5217 Northlake Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
West County Senior Center
2916 State Road #15
Belle Glade, FL 33430