With the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on the rise here in Florida and across the country, it is important for residents in our region to be vigilant and adhere to the CDC recommended guidelines, as well as the directives being given out by the governor and county representatives. At Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, we are still here to serve the residents and pets in our community.
Beginning Wednesday, July 1, Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control will re-open their main facility in West Palm Beach. Although the shelter has been open and offering limited services to the community, the building has been closed to the public to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 exposure. With the re-opening of the building all patrons will be required to wear a mask while on the property, in the building, and asked to maintain safe social distancing. The number of family members coming to the facility should be limited to 1 or 2 people if possible; this will help reduce risks associated with COVID-19.
We will keep you up to date with daily changes to our hours and services as we make them. Here are some important thing you should know:
- We continue to adopt out pets. Please visit 'Surf the Net—About a Pet' (SNAP) to view our adoptable pets and complete an online application.
- Owner Surrender appointments are suspended until further notice. If this is an emergency Owner Surrender please call us at 561-233-2450. For evictions, please bring eviction paperwork.
- We are not accepting new volunteers or hosting volunteer orientations at this time.
- We are not able to accept Community Service workers until further notice.
- Pet owners are encouraged to renew tags online via PetData.com.
- Effective June 16, 2020, Animal Care and Control will resume vaccine packages, rabies vaccines and microchipping on a limited basis.
- Rabies shot is 15.00
- Booster package for dogs – 35.00
- Booster package for cats – 30.00
- Microchip – 10.00 Spay or Neutered – 20.00 if not
- Must purchase tag if dog is 6 months or older – 15.00 spayed/neutered or 75.00 not spayed/neutered
- Cats tags are 15.00 and they must be spay or neutered.
- Spay and neuter services for Community Cats will resume Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 561-233 1261.
All other spay and neuter services are still on hold at this time.
Forms of Payment: Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express
- Intake of stray animals
- Lost & Found services
- Redemption of owned pets
- Pet adoption and fostering
- Online license tag renewal
- Drive-up Vaccine Clinic (limited days and hours)
- Spay and neuter for Community Cats (TNVR) - please reference the Spay/Neuter page on this site.
Services Currently NOT Available
- Public spay/neuter surgeries
- Intake of owned animals
- Volunteer opportunities
- In-person license tag renewals
- Dog training classes
COVID-19: FAQs FOR PET OWNERS
CDC - PET DISASTER PREPAREDNESS KIT