With the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on the rise, here in Florida and across the country, it is important for residents in our region to be vigilant and adhere to the CDC recommended guidelines, as well as the directives being given out by the governor and county representatives. At Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control, we are still here to serve the residents and pets in our community.
Beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020, Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control re-opened their main facility in West Palm Beach. Although the shelter has been open and offering limited services to the community, the building has been closed to the public to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 exposure. With the re-opening of the building, all patrons will be required to wear a mask while on the property, in the building, and asked to maintain safe social distancing. The number of family members coming to the facility should be limited to 1 or 2 people if possible; this will help reduce risks associated with COVID-19.
We will keep you up to date with daily changes to our hours and services as we make them. Here are some important thing you should know:
- We continue to adopt out pets. Please visit 'Surf the Net—About a Pet' (SNAP) to view our adoptable pets and complete an online application.
- Owner Surrender appointments are now available. For more information click HERE
- We are now accepting volunteers. Click HERE for information about volunteering
- We are now accepting Community Service workers. Click HERE for Community Service Information.
- Pet owners are encouraged to renew tags online via PetData.com.
- We are offering vaccine packages, rabies vaccines and microchipping on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Rabies shot is 15.00
- Booster package for dogs – 35.00
- Booster package for cats – 30.00
- Microchip – 10.00 Spay or Neutered – 20.00 if not
- Must purchase tag if dog is 6 months or older – 15.00 spayed/neutered or 75.00 not spayed/neutered
- Cats tags are 15.00 and they must be spay or neutered.
- All other spay and neuter services are back 5 days a week and going to West County on Tuesdays. For appointments please call 561-233-SPAY or 233-1261
- Spay and neuter services for Community Cats on Monday, Wednesday and Friday by appointment only.
- Spay and neuter services for Dogs on Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only.
Forms of Payment: Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express
- Intake of stray animals
- Lost & Found services
- Redemption of owned pets
- Pet adoption and fostering
- Online and in-person license tag renewal
- Drive-up Vaccine Clinic (limited days and hours)
- Spay and neuter for Community Cats (TNVR) - please reference the Spay/Neuter page on this site.
- Public spay/neuter surgeries
- Volunteer opportunities
- Dog training classes
COVID-19: FAQs FOR PET OWNERS
CDC - PET DISASTER PREPAREDNESS KIT