Beginning Tuesday, May 18th, 2021, Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control revised the mask requirements for visitors to our shelter. Visitors who have been fully vaccinated (2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson) more than 14 days prior to visiting the facility may enter without a mask. We ask that anyone who has not completed the full round of vaccines at least 14 days prior, continue to wear a mask. We also ask that visitors continue to practice social distancing while visiting the facility.
We will continue to keep you up to date with any changes to our hours and/or services as we make them. Here are some important things you should know:
- We continue to adopt out pets. Please visit 'Surf the Net—About a Pet' (SNAP) to view our adoptable pets (we now offer online applications as well as in person).
- Owner Surrender appointments are now available. For more information click HERE
- We are accepting volunteers. Click HERE for information about volunteering
- We are accepting Community Service workers. Click HERE for Community Service Information.
- While we do offer on-site tag renewals, pet owners can also renew tags online via PetData.com.
- We offer vaccine packages, rabies vaccines and microchipping on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, on Saturdays from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm and Sundays from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Rabies shot is 15.00
- Booster package for dogs – 35.00
- Booster package for cats – 30.00
- Microchip – 10.00 Spay or Neutered – 20.00 if not
- Must purchase tag if dog is 6 months or older – 15.00 spayed/neutered or 75.00 not spayed/neutered
- Cats tags are 15.00 and they must be spay or neutered.
- Spay and Neuter services are continuing in both West Palm Beach and our Pahokee facility. For appointments please call 561-233-SPAY or 233-1261
- West Palm Beach: Spay and neuter services for Community Cats on Monday, Wednesday and Friday by appointment only.
- West Palm Beach: Spay and neuter services for Dogs on Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only.
- Pahokee: Spay and neuter services on Tuesdays by appointment only.
Forms of Payment: Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express
- Intake of stray animals
- Lost & Found services
- Redemption of owned pets
- Pet adoption and fostering
- Online and in-person license tag renewal
- Drive-up Vaccine Clinic (limited days and hours)
- Spay and neuter for Community Cats (TNVR) - please reference the Spay/Neuter page on this site.
- Public spay/neuter surgeries
- Volunteer opportunities
- Dog training classes
COVID-19: FAQs FOR PET OWNERS
CDC - PET DISASTER PREPAREDNESS KIT