New Applications ended on Monday, September 21, 2020
GRANT MAXIMUM AWARD: $50,000
ELIGIBLE EMERGENCY REPAIR ASSISTANCE: Funding will provide Emergency Repair assistance to income eligible owner occupied residences, impacted by COVID-19, to ONLY address emergency conditions such as the installation, replacement or repair of: roofs, windows, doors, and/or heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC).
Household Size and Income Categories to be served:
Number of Persons in Household
Extremely Low Income
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA: Applicants must complete an online application (CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION) from Sunday, September 6, 2020 – Monday, September 21, 2020. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Applicants must meet the program requirements, at the time of application submittal, and must be able to provide:
(1) proof of loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, on or after March 1, 2020;
(2) copy of valid drivers' license or state identification for each household member;
(3) copy of recent pay check stub
(OR) Self Declaration Form, or a current completed verification of employment for all working household members;
(4) a completed YTD profit and loss statement (if self-employed);
(5) copy of recent social security, retirement and/or disability award letter for all household members (if applicable);
(6) copy of court ordered child support documentation;
(7) copy of recent bank statement
(OR) Self Declaration Form, or a current completed verification of deposit for all adult household members;
(8) copy of mortgage and/or warranty deed
- Property must be participants' primary residence.
- Property must be located in Palm Beach County. (NOTE: If the property is located within a city or municipality, the city/municipality must commit to an expedited permitting process in order to receive emergency repair assistance)
- Homeowners' insurance and taxes must be current
- Property must be a single-family residential dwelling
- Participants can only receive assistance once.
- CRF funds must be expended and all projects must be substantially complete by December 1, 2020. Due to this deadline certain projects may not be funded or undertaken even if the applicant is determined to be eligible for funding.
- OWNER acknowledges that assistance is based upon funding availability.
- OWNER acknowledges that assistance is based upon their city/municipality's ability to expedite permitting. If permitting cannot be expedited, assistance may be withdrawn.
- OWNER shall allow representatives of the Department of Housing & Economic Sustainability (DHES) to enter the premises at reasonable hours and days to determine the scope for Repairs/ Improvements of the property, under this grant.
- OWNER authorizes DHES to solicit bids and to award contracts for the scope of work to qualified Contractors/ Vendors.
- OWNER agrees that the construction contract shall be between the OWNER and the CONTRACTOR/ VENDOR with funds provided by the County.
- OWNER acknowledges that the financial assistance from the CRF Emergency Repair Program to provide funding for the repairs/ improvements of the property, will be paid directly from the County to the Contractor/ Vendor in an amount not to exceed $50,000.
- OWNER shall allow the Contractors/ Vendors access to the premises for the purpose of verifying information for Bids, and executing the repair work, such access to be permitted, at a minimum, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on working days.
- This program is unable to address patching and painting due to the time constraints of expending funds to meet the grant deadline. OWNER acknowledges and agrees that there may be minor patching, painting, finishing and touchup required to be completed by the property owner after the work is completed by the contractor/ vendor. All exterior surfaces shall be properly sealed by the contractor/vendor per building code requirements upon installation.
- Should a building inspector cite any additional code requirements outside of the scope of the CRF program repairs, any additional work required by the building inspector shall be the responsibility of the OWNER.
- OWNER failure to perform any of these enumerated responsibilities, Payment Approvals or Homeowner's other actions or inactions that impede timely progress towards completion of the repairs/improvements, may result in the termination of assistance and cancellation and withdrawal of funding, such decision to be made at the sole and absolute discretion of DHES in its authority as administrator of the CRF Emergency Repair Program.
- OWNER agrees that any contractor/ vendor performing work on the residence shall perform no other scope of work for the OWNER during the duration of the agreement.
- OWNER acknowledges that the County reserves the right to award all or some of the work for which the County receives bids/ proposals, or none of the work, as deemed necessary in order to meet grant funding expenditure deadlines, and as determined by DHES to be in the best interest of the County.
- OWNER acknowledges that certain projects may not be funded or undertaken due to limiting conditions such as:
- Homes requiring additional repairs beyond the eligible repair items specified above, including homes exhibiting structural damage
- Historic homes/ other homes requiring architectural review board/ HOA approvals
- Homes requiring specific building components that may not be readily available
- Homes requiring custom ordered manufactured building materials/ components
- Multifamily properties containing more than one residential unit
- Homes with unpermitted structures/ additions
- Homes with existing code violations which may hinder the final permit process
- Homes with current/ unfinished construction which have not received final permits
- Homes which cannot be accessed in such a way to complete the scope of work
Telephone: (561) 233-3600 or
HES-CIREIS@pbcgov.org (Repair questions) –
HESVerify@pbcgov.org (Application questions)