SOUTH FLORIDA FAIR AGRIBUSINESS & COMMUNITY RELATIONS ASSISTANT
Tuesday, August 9, 2022|
The South Florida Fair is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, diligent, dependable individual to join our amazing team. Do you enjoy making people smile? Watching families create lifetime memories? Working with a diverse group of people? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the South Florida Fair is just what you are looking for.
We provide an exciting, positive, fun, and challenging atmosphere while maintaining a professionalism that is supportive and motivating. We are a team at the South Florida Fair, we are a family, and WE CARE about our employees.
Being the AgriBusiness & Community Relations Assistant, you will see a glimpse of our community, the many talents and work product of our residents, and help us continue the tradition of the American agricultural fair. Come be a part of one of the richest of Florida’s traditions.
Below is a brief job description intended to generally describe this position:
- Assists in the coordination of the Fair’s exhibits and its outreach programs, in harmony with our historic Yesteryear Village
- Coordinates work schedules with the AgriBusiness & Community Relations Manager to carry out all assigned duties
- Assists in coordination of off-season livestock shows/events, including but not limited to, livestock, dairy and horse shows, etc.
- Executes working relationships with alike agricultural organizations and associations, professional organizations, (local, regional, national)
- Communicates with exhibitors, the public, and associated partners in person, by telephone or e-mail, to provide information for Fair and non-Fair agriculture program needs
- Oversees the judging results compilation and resolves any discrepancies; issue open class and youth exhibitors’ premium payments/vouchers, as well as reconcile premiums
- Oversees the Fair’s on-line Entry System - to include assisting system programmers to test and monitor system, and resolve any issues to ensure positive feedback from users
- Maintains basic understanding of livestock show-ring, agriculture and competitive exhibit competitions and trends
- Assists Extension educators, faculty assistants, vocational agriculture instructors, and Fair staff/volunteers in planning for open class and youth exhibits and displays
- Tabulates, prepares, distributes and records premiums and awards
Explores/searches for and implementing ways to enhance Fair and non-Fair sponsorships, educational and promotional exhibits
Communicates with the public, exhibitors in person, by telephone or electronically, to provide information for Fair and non-Fair agriculture program needs
The AgriBusiness & Community Relations Assistant position is a member of the Business Development Team. This is a full-time position scheduled daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. During special events and before, during and after the annual fair in January, work hours may be extended to properly provide the duties and responsibilities held in this position.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to our Employee Relations Representative, Stacy Wakefield at email@example.com and tell us why you would be a great fit for our organization.