PALM BEACH COUNTY CARES FOR HOUSING
(Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 2)
NEW APPLICATIONS ENDED ON NOVEMBER 16, 2020
NOTE: If you received assistance through the Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 1, you CAN NOT apply for assistance through the Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 2.
Access for Existing CARES Mortgage Assistance Applications
GRANT MAXIMUM AWARD: $10,000
(Up to six-months mortgage payments, but not to exceed $10,000)
ELIGIBLE MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: Funding will provide assistance to income eligible households who are at least one-month delinquent in their first mortgage and escrow payments (PITI), late fees, attorney's fees, condominium and homeowners' association payments, special assessments, and other mortgage associated costs related to COVID-19.
If required assistance exceeds $10,000, applicant(s) will be required to pay the difference, when they are notified of the amount approved by Palm Beach County.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED:
Number of Persons
(Moderate - 140% AMI)
(Less than or Equal to)
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA: Applications will be accepted on a first come, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, applicant must be able to provide the following documents:
- Proof of loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Copy of valid drivers' license or state identification for applicant and co-applicant;
- Copy of recent pay check stub for applicant and co-applicant
(OR) a current completed
verification of employment;
- A completed
YTD profit and loss statement (if self-employed);
- Copy of recent social security, retirement and/or disability award letter for applicant and co-applicant;
- Most recent mortgage payment statement showing proof of the applicant's delinquency;
7. Copy of homeowners'/condominium association delinquent statement (if applicable).
NOTE: Mortgage and HOA payments must have been current as of February 29, 2020. Eligible applicants can only receive assistance with mortgage and HOA payments up to December 30, 2020 - Assistance fo 2021 mortgage and HOA payments ARE NOT Eligible. Individuals with a forbearance and/or mortgage modification plan in place will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Homeowners who received first mortgage financing through Palm Beach County Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Property must be participants' primary residence.
- Property must be located in Palm Beach County.
- Participants' Assessed value of their property may not exceed $331,888
(current maximum sales price for PBC housing programs).
MUST BE at least one-month (30+ days) delinquent.
- Participants are required to receive mortgage delinquency default resolution counseling from an Approved Counseling Agency prior to disbursement of funds.
- Participants can only receive assistance once through the CARES Mortgage Assistance Program
Telephone (561) 233-3606, (561) 233-3693, (561) 233-3600 or Email at