PALM BEACH COUNTY CARES FOR HOUSING
(Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 2)
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020 TO MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2020
NOTE: If you received assistance through the Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 1, you CAN NOT apply for assistance through the Mortgage Assistance Program - Round 2.
Apply CARES Mortgage Assistance Program
GRANT MAXIMUM AWARD: $10,000
(Up to six-months mortgage payments, but not to exceed $10,000)
ELIGIBLE MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: Funding will provide assistance to income eligible households who are at least one-month delinquent in their first mortgage and escrow payments (PITI), late fees, attorney's fees, condominium and homeowners' association payments, special assessments, and other mortgage associated costs related to COVID-19.
If required assistance exceeds $10,000, applicant(s) will be required to pay the difference, when they are notified of the amount approved by Palm Beach County.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED:
Number of Persons
(Moderate - 140% AMI)
(Less than or Equal to)
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA: Applications will be accepted on a first come, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, applicant must be able to provide the following documents:
- Proof of loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Copy of valid drivers' license or state identification for applicant and co-applicant;
- Copy of recent pay check stub for applicant and co-applicant
(OR) a current completed
verification of employment;
- A completed
YTD profit and loss statement (if self-employed);
- Copy of recent social security, retirement and/or disability award letter for applicant and co-applicant;
- Most recent mortgage payment statement showing proof of the applicant's delinquency;
7. Copy of homeowners'/condominium association delinquent statement (if applicable).
Mortgage and HOA payments must have been current as of February 29, 2020. Eligible applicants can only receive assistance with mortgage and HOA payments up to December 30, 2020 - Assistance fo 2021 mortgage and HOA payments ARE NOT Eligible. Individuals with a forbearance and/or mortgage modification plan in place will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Homeowners who received first mortgage financing through Palm Beach County Department of Housing and Economic Sustainability, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Property must be participants' primary residence.
- Property must be located in Palm Beach County.
- Participants' Assessed value of their property may not exceed $331,888
(current maximum sales price for PBC housing programs).
MUST BE at least one-month (30+ days) delinquent.
- Participants are required to receive mortgage delinquency default resolution counseling from an Approved Counseling Agency prior to disbursement of funds.
- Participants can only receive assistance once through the CARES Mortgage Assistance Program
Telephone (561) 233-3606, (561) 233-3693, (561) 233-3600 or Email at