APPLICATION LAUNCH DATE
Monday, September 20, 2021 at 8:00am – Until Funding Is Expended
State Housing Initiative Partnerships (SHIP) Foreclosure Prevention Program
ALLOCATION: $161,105 MAXIMUM AWARD: $20,000 PROPERTY'S ASSESSED VALUE CANNOT EXCEED $331,888
FORECLOSURE PREVENTION SUMMARY: Funding will be assist with delinquent mortgage payments (PITI), property taxes, and homeowners insurance. Additionally, funding may assist with late fees, attorney's fees, homeowners' association payments, special assessments, other foreclosure associated costs, and mortgage delinquency and default resolution counseling.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE AND INCOME CATEGORIES TO BE SERVED:
Number of Persons in Household
Extremely Low Income
APPLICANT SELECTION CRITERIA: Thirty-five (35) applications will be available online by visiting the website at pbcgov.org/HED beginning
September 20, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a first submitted, first qualified, first served basis, subject to funding availability.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: At the time of application submittal, the following documents must be provided for the applicant, co-applicant and
ALL adult household members:
- Copy of valid Drivers' License or State Identification for
ALL Adult household members
- Copy of Birth Certificates or valid U.S. Passport or Naturalization Certificate for ALL household members (for all Non-U.S. Citizen household members provide a copy of a valid Permanent Resident Card).
- Copy of most recent paycheck stub for
ALL working adult household members
current completed Verification of Employment (VOE) completed within 30 days of submission of application
Completed YTD Profit and Loss Statement for
ALL adult household members (if self-employed or current 1099 Income earner)
- If an adult student is employed – copy of class schedule on school's letterhead
- Copy of most recent Social Security, Retirement and/or Disability Award Letter for
ALL adult household members
- Wage Earner Statement from Social Security Administration for ALL unemployed adult household members (OR) an Affidavit of Unemployment for each unemployed household member
- Court ordered child support documentation/ALL appropriate legal documentation for adoption, divorce, battered spouse & restraining order
- Copy of most recent six (6) months bank statements (OR) a
current Completed Verification of Deposit (VOD) for ALL accounts for ALL adult household members
- Most recent two (2) years of tax returns (signed and dated) and W2s.
- If self-employed, provide copy of a current 1099 and three (3) years of most recent tax returns
- Copies of ALL mortgages and warranty deeds
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance (Declaration age only)
- Copy of Foreclosure Demand Letter or notification from lender stating their intent to foreclose
- Provide evidence of a hardship that caused the arrearage
- Participants can only receive assistance once through this program
- Once income certified, applicant will be required to receive foreclosure counseling from a HUD approved agency or NeighborWorks approved agency on the housing partners preferred list.
- Applicant may not currently own or have liquid assets exceeding $200,000 in liquid assets (excluding their primary residence).
- Funds will be awarded as a 0% interest deferred payment loan secured by a recorded mortgage and note for 5 years. The loan is forgiven at the end of the 5-year term
Click Here for Foreclosure Prevention
Telephone: (561) 233-3606/(561)233-3693/(561)233-3600 or