Ride by the Rules
Back to Bus Service
Rider Code of ConductYou can be issued a Trespass Notice by Palm Tran personnel for violating any of the following rules while riding the bus. Defiance may result in exclusion from the transit system.
YOU CAN LOSE YOUR RIGHT TO RIDE BY:
- Smoking, including tobacco and electronic cigarettes.
- Fighting with other passengers or Palm Tran employees.
- Assault or battery of a Palm Tran employee or passenger. Assaulting a public transit employee is a felony - Florida State Statute 784.07.
- Failure to pay the correct fare or misusing a pass.
- Causing a disturbance, distracting a bus operator or interfering with safe operation of the bus.
- No illegal weapons or controlled substances of any kind may be carried aboard Palm Tran buses or Palm Tran property. Exceptions to this policy are those persons duly authorized and/or licensed to carry a legal weapon or firearm.
- Vandalizing Palm Tran property; including the bus, bus stops and bus shelters.
- Behavior that is threatening including stalking Palm Tran employees or passengers.
- Loitering only transit passengers are permitted at bus stops, and the Intermodal Transit Center.
Ride by the Rules
For the safety and comfort of all, please observe the following rules while
riding a Palm Tran bus:
Assaulting a bus operator is a felony. Florida State Statute 784.07
- Wheelchair passengers should utilize the safety straps located in the front of the bus. If you ask, the bus operator will help.
- Front seats are to remain open for passengers using a wheelchair or walker.
- Keep aisle clear and keep carry-on items out of the aisle. This includes carts and strollers.
- Stand behind the yellow line while the bus is in motion.
- Please do not talk to or distract the bus driver while the bus is in motion.
- Service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be allowed to board.
- Media devices should be used with headphones and kept at a low volume.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
Take extra care on bus steps or bus floor in wet weather.
- Hold on or remain seated while the bus is in motion. Use railing while boarding and exiting the bus.
Please do not eat, drink or spit on the bus. No open containers allowed.
- Appropriate hygiene of passengers is required.
No hoverboards allowed.
- Take everything with you. Palm Tran is not responsible for items left on the bus, at the bus stops, or at the Intermodal Transit Center.
- Signal your stop one block in advance, exit through rear doors and step clear of the bus.