Thank you for your interest in small business certification. We hope that new business opportunities will become available to you as a result of your participation in Palm Beach County's procurement process.
Small businesses wishing to participate in Palm Beach County contracting opportunities in the areas of Commodities, Construction and Professional Services may apply for small business certification. Certification is granted for up to three (3) years.
A minimum of 15% if County contracts shall be awarded to certified small businesses.
In order to be eligible for certification, a business concern must be registered with the
Palm Beach County Purchasing Department, be independently owned and meet the following:
- Your business must be domiciled in Palm Beach County.
- Companies wishing to do business with Palm Beach County must provide a commercially useful business function for Palm Beach County Procurement purposes.
- You must meet the size standard for Small Businesses based on gross revenue averaged over a three (3) year period. If in business less than three years, figures will be averaged for the duration of business, as follows:
- Construction-related business: must not exceed $ 9,000,000.00
- Commodities: must not exceed $ 5,000,000.00
- Professional Services (CCNA Required: Architects, Surveyors and Engineers) must not exceed $5,000,000.00
- Professional Services (CCNA Not Required) must not exceed $4,000,000.00
The Office of Small Business Assistance uses the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP
[External Link]) to classify vendors according to the services and products they provide. Further information about the classification system can be found online at their website.