Who Are the Master Gardener Volunteers?
Florida Master Gardener is a title granted by the University of Florida/ IFAS to individuals who complete a Master Gardener Volunteer training course and required volunteer hours. The purpose of this program is to create and retain volunteers who educate and provide research-based information to the public about planning and maintaining urban, suburban and rural landscapes with a focus on environmental stewardship.
To assist Extension Agents in providing research-based horticultural education to Florida residents.
To be the most trusted resource for horticultural education in Florida.
Services Provided by Master Gardener Volunteers
- Ask a Master Gardener Volunteer
- Speakers Bureau- Delivering programs on horticultural topics to local garden clubs, civic clubs, libraries, homeowners, etc.
- Assist with 4-H programs and school gardens
- Plant clinics
- Newspaper articles, blogs, and newsletter articles on horticulture-related topics
- Assist with community gardens