2018 Area F Horse Show
April 20-22 - Jim Brandon Equestrian Center.
Attached are all of the registration forms and supplemental materials for the 2018 Clover Benefit and Area F Horse Show at Jim Brandon Equestrian Center. The deadline for registration forms to be returned to the Palm Beach County 4-H Office is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2018. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need any additional information.
Click the links below to download your Area F documents:
Completed registrations from each county must include the following:
- County Summary Sheet
- Registration Packet for each participant listed on Summary Sheet including the following information:
- Entry Form, with Statement of Understanding
- Rulebook receipt form
Please note the following changes to the procedures for this year's Area F Horse Show:
- This year, Area F will be combined with Palm Beach's Clover Benefit Horse Show, an open show that both 4-H members and non-4-H members 4-H age eight years and older may participate in. The Clover Benefit also has open classes for adults.
- The show will be a TWO DAY show with classes only held on Saturday and Sunday. No classes will be held on Friday. Speed Events will be held Saturday evening, English classes will be Saturday, and Western and Dressage classes will be held on Sunday.
- In addition to checking for negative Coggins, horses will be checked to ensure that they are a minimum bod condition score of 4 in order to compete. Please encourage your 4-H leaders to work with their youth to ensure that their horses will meet the minimum body score. For more information about body condition scoring, please go to http://www.animal.ifas.ufl.edu/youth/horse/BCS-guide.shtml
- The cost of stabling your horse Friday and Saturday night at the show is now included in the registration fee. Two bags of shavings will be included in the registration fee as well. The price of a tack stall will be $25 per stall. You may not bring your own shavings to the show. Additional bags of shavings are available for pre-order this year and it is strongly encouraged that youth pre-order shavings rather than purchase them at the show.
If you have any questions about any of the information above. Please contact the Broward County 4-H Office at 954-357-5270
Each year we invite 4-H youth from the participating counties to submit entries for the 2018 Area F Horse Show T-Shirt Contest. The winning design will be used on the official Area F t-shirt. If you would like to submit a design for the contest, please read the instructions below. You do not have to be a horse club member to submit a design. Any 4-H member can participate in this contest.
T-Shirt Contest Rules:
The design must include:
- 4-H Area F Horse Show
- April 20-22, 2018
- The counties who participate in Area F
- Palm Beach
- Seminole Indian Res.
- Be sure to include design elements related to the equestrian event
Your logo design should be created on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of white paper or as a jpeg or pdf file. Please be sure to include your name and contact information. You may email, mail, or drop of your entry in person. Please email to NGuay@pbcgov.org or mail to 559 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415. Submissions must be received by 5:00PM on Monday, February 26, 2018.
- We will not be able to reproduce many colors on the t-shirt so please design your logo so that it will look nice in one color. Bold, simple designs will show up best on a shirt. Images with many fine details or shading may be challenging to reproduce.
- Below are some examples of what your drawing must include.
Any questions? Please call us at (561) 233-1731.
Good luck to everyone!